Just getting started

Old May 21st 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

Default Just getting started

I haven't ridden a bike since I was a teenager, any suggestions on a
basic inexpensive Touring Bike to start out with?

Old May 22nd 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

"baal" wrote in message
oups.com...
I haven't ridden a bike since I was a teenager, any suggestions on a
basic inexpensive Touring Bike to start out with?

If you aren't planning on a tour anytime soon buy a sport bike from your
local bike shop. There's not much difference between the price points on any
of the popular bikes.

Old May 22nd 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

baal wrote:
I haven't ridden a bike since I was a teenager, any suggestions on a
basic inexpensive Touring Bike to start out with?

Often you buy the bike shop, not the bike. Go to a good one with
knowledgable people that will give you info and not be 'upset' if you
don't whip out yer credit card. Fit is the most important, many good
bikes out there with eyelets for racks and fenders. Don't get
overwhelmed by materials and whizbangery...find somebody that will
match what you want with what they have.

Bianchi makes some nice ones, as do most of the other bikes that come
outta a box...No real 'bad' bikes out there, many 'bad' bike shops tho-

Old May 22nd 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace

"Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com" wrote in
message ups.com...

baal wrote:
I haven't ridden a bike since I was a teenager, any suggestions on a
basic inexpensive Touring Bike to start out with?

Often you buy the bike shop, not the bike. Go to a good one with
knowledgable people that will give you info and not be 'upset' if you
don't whip out yer credit card. Fit is the most important, many good
bikes out there with eyelets for racks and fenders. Don't get
overwhelmed by materials and whizbangery...find somebody that will
match what you want with what they have.

Bianchi makes some nice ones, as do most of the other bikes that come
outta a box...No real 'bad' bikes out there, many 'bad' bike shops tho-

I also have to say that I've been really impressed with the 1000 series
Treks. If you could get a 1500 frame and fork with a Campy Mirage group on
it I'd say that it was a great deal.

The Killer Squirrels Have Started An Insurgency - Mike Jacoubowsky Warned Us! [email protected] General 16 February 17th 06 07:00 PM
i just started 2day and im geting 40ft runs (thanks 2 dudewithasock) dorfman Unicycling 7 December 29th 05 04:06 AM
TdF : Well, it's started ... elyob UK 6 July 4th 05 11:09 AM
chaffing, and gettting started! Roadie Unicycling 28 August 18th 04 04:21 PM
I Started a new "Ride to Work" Schedule .o0 0o. General 10 June 20th 04 10:29 PM