BerensonEV - Not a recommended dealer

Old March 22nd 04, 11:26 PM
Ralph

Default BerensonEV - Not a recommended dealer

I just bought 2 LAFree Lite bikes from this place via mail, and while their
prices are good, I suggest that people do business with someone else. I
asked for a quote on a complete bike, including lights, bell, fenders, and
rack since we're going to be commuting on them and the bikes arrived as
promised, however the fenders wouldn't fit on the bike at all and the racks
weren't shipped at all.

Upon calling about this, I was told that the fenders were the only ones he
could find at a local bike store and how was he (the dealer) supposed to
know if it would fit on the bike. As for the racks, he had "forgotten" to
send them. At this point he became moderately abusive, essentially saying
that it was completely unreasonable for me to expect to receive what he had
promised since his prices are low and therefore he will continue to sell
bikes even if he doesn't do what he promised.

Eventually after a lot of hassling I got partial restitution for the racks,
but wound up eating the price of the fenders. This all included him stating
that I'd "destroyed his confidence in the goodness of man" and that since I
hadn't specified exactly what brand of gear I wanted he was justified in
sending stuff that didn't work. I never did get an explanation apart from
"forgetting" about the missing racks.

Anyway, I've got two nice bikes, but a very bad taste in the mouth from
dealing with him. I now wish I had chosen some other dealer even at the
extra price, but had no way of knowing what he is like at the time. There
are very few dealers for these bikes so web/mail is the only way to get one
for most people.

If anyone else is considering such a purchase, I recommend they look
elsewhere even for more money because I don't think there is any hope for
follow up service or support from him.

Old March 23rd 04, 02:27 AM
cheg

"Ralph" wrote in message

Anyway, I've got two nice bikes, but a very bad taste in the mouth

from
dealing with him. I now wish I had chosen some other dealer even at

the
extra price, but had no way of knowing what he is like at the time.

There
are very few dealers for these bikes so web/mail is the only way to

get one
for most people.

If anyone else is considering such a purchase, I recommend they

look
elsewhere even for more money because I don't think there is any

hope for
follow up service or support from him.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with your dealer. An
alternative I can recommend is Eric Sundin at Electric Vehicles
Northwest in Seattle. Very helpful and knowledgeable and excellent
customer service for electric bikes and general bike repair and
maintenance. They stand behind all of their products.

http://www.electricvehiclesnw.com/

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Electric Vehicles Northwest.