Cyclists disrupt war memorial service again by ignoring road closure.

Old August 4th 17, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclists disrupt war memorial service again by ignoring road closure.

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16
Old August 4th 17, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

They always have been scum and always will be scum.

Old August 4th 17, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/08/2017 22:16, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

They always have been scum and always will be scum.

I don't accept that cyclists have always been scum.

They may (in the main) be so *now*, but the man who used to call to
collect my grandmother's Prudential money each week was respectable,
law-abiding, considerate, pleasant and even wore bicycle clips on his
suit trousers.
Old August 5th 17, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

They always have been scum and always will be scum.

I don't accept that cyclists have always been scum.

They may (in the main) be so *now*, but the man who used to call to
collect my grandmother's Prudential money each week was respectable,
law-abiding, considerate, pleasant and even wore bicycle clips on his
suit trousers.

50 years ago cyclists were, in general, law abiding, respectable,
respectful road users.

Old August 5th 17, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

They always have been scum and always will be scum.

I don't accept that cyclists have always been scum.
They may (in the main) be so *now*, but the man who used to call to
collect my grandmother's Prudential money each week was respectable,
law-abiding, considerate, pleasant and even wore bicycle clips on his
suit trousers.

50 years ago cyclists were, in general, law abiding, respectable,
respectful road users.

My point precisely.

Cyclists are angels compared to the moped muggers.
Now they really are scum.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...-a3604036.html

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-cars-11352492
Old August 5th 17, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

They always have been scum and always will be scum.

I don't accept that cyclists have always been scum.

They may (in the main) be so *now*, but the man who used to call to
collect my grandmother's Prudential money each week was respectable,
law-abiding, considerate, pleasant and even wore bicycle clips on his
suit trousers.

Back in those days people interacted with strangers on a daily basis and thus had good manners.
Now these same people drive and regard strangers as inconvenient obstacles delaying their journey.
Heinlein was right.

Old August 7th 17, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

They always have been scum and always will be scum.

I don't accept that cyclists have always been scum.

They may (in the main) be so *now*, but the man who used to call to
collect my grandmother's Prudential money each week was respectable,
law-abiding, considerate, pleasant and even wore bicycle clips on his
suit trousers.

Back in those days people interacted with strangers on a daily basis and thus had good manners.
Now these same people drive...

No. We are discussing cyclists. Some of them may drive as well, but the
subject is their demeanour whilst cycling. Nothing else.

I hope that helps you understand what was a simple enough proposition in
the first place.

and regard strangers as inconvenient obstacles delaying their journey.
Heinlein was right.

"Strangers" including citizens paying their respect at ceremonies to
honour the dead.

Old August 5th 17, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 04/08/17 16:21, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

If they "came haring through" how come there was time to have a
conversation with them?

Perhaps the riders could have been more sensitive to the situation but
similarly there are many people that are over obsessed with the idea
there is some sort of difference between walking and riding slowly.

Old August 5th 17, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 05/08/2017 09:35, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/08/17 16:21, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

If they "came haring through" how come there was time to have a
conversation with them?

Perhaps the riders could have been more sensitive to the situation but
similarly there are many people that are over obsessed with the idea
there is some sort of difference between walking and riding slowly.

Come on! the cyclists were bloody disrespectful. There's no other way to
paint it.