Making a BC wheel

Old January 27th 07, 10:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
josh_kirk990

Default Making a BC wheel

Hey everyone i have unicycled for a while and i wanted to move onto BC
wheel riding but im broke (everyone keeps telling me to get a job but
Meh) so im making one, for nothing, well thats the goal.

I need some help with a few things so any help is awesome

1. Wheel size is 20 inch with 14mm hub is that ok?
2. because im making it for nothing i can only use stuff that i find or
that i have already so because of that the only 20inch wheel i could
find was kinda rusted, so how do i clear the rust?
3.I want to paint the Rim and Spokes and hub (probly green and orange)
how would i do that and you could almost name anything to use coz my
dad has a whole shed of paints and that stuff (don't ask me why he just
buys stuff lol)
4.the plates-square steel tubing,wall thickness is 2mm, size 20mm ok?
Theres a picture of the shape im going weld together down the bottom(i
got it from this website so who ever i got it off thanks heaps lol)
5.And lastly how would i go around painting my plates after i have
welded them?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help and if i have said anything
stupid understand that im blonde lol

http://tinyurl.com/2fmsb2 i couldnt work out how to insert image sorry
thats the shape

--
josh_kirk990
josh_kirk990's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14213

Old January 28th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
josh_kirk990

ok thanks heaps mate anyone else wanna help?

Old January 28th 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Nice, linked to my post, Haha.

I think a good idea is to first set the square tubing on the ground (2
pieces) and stand on them at different distances. Figure out what is
comfortable under your foot.

--
Borgschulze

http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/