Cyclists disrupt war memorial service again by ignoring road closure.

Old August 5th 17, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Cyclists disrupt war memorial service again by ignoring roadclosure.

On 05/08/2017 09:35, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/08/17 16:21, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

If they "came haring through" how come there was time to have a
conversation with them?

Perhaps the riders could have been more sensitive to the situation but
similarly there are many people that are over obsessed with the idea
there is some sort of difference between walking and riding slowly.

Is there NO difference between walking and riding a bike, then?
Old August 5th 17, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 05/08/17 11:14, Bod wrote:
On 05/08/2017 11:06, TMS320 wrote:
On 05/08/17 09:39, Bod wrote:
On 05/08/2017 09:35, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/08/17 16:21, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

If they "came haring through" how come there was time to have a
conversation with them?

Perhaps the riders could have been more sensitive to the situation
but similarly there are many people that are over obsessed with the
idea there is some sort of difference between walking and riding
slowly.

Come on! the cyclists were bloody disrespectful. There's no other way
to paint it.

It the road was closed to through traffic, the correct thing to do was
to wait until the end of the ceremony or find another way round.

They did not do that but people want to make an issue out of them not
getting off to walk.

I have driven through a ceremony where they obviously didn't get
permission to close the road. Should I and all the other drivers going
through have got out and pushed?

You're attitude stinks. I would have immediately dismounted and so would
any other members of my family.
It's cyclists like you that give decent cyclists a bad name.

You know absolutely nothing about me. I do not give cyclists a bad name.

If you want to be constructive try suggesting why a person should walk a
bicycle where someone else can drive a car.
Old August 5th 17, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

[...]

In the situation we are talking about, the word is *respect*.
BTW, the road was closed.
Old August 5th 17, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 05/08/17 15:30, Bod wrote:

[...]

Of course it is.

BTW, the road was closed.

Legally? All boxes ticked, risk assessments carried out and all council
and police expenses paid?

It might sound as though I am making light of things but the article
carries a distinct whiff.
Old August 5th 17, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 05/08/17 14:14, JNugent wrote:
On 05/08/2017 09:35, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/08/17 16:21, MrCheerful wrote:
http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

If they "came haring through" how come there was time to have a
conversation with them?

Perhaps the riders could have been more sensitive to the situation but
similarly there are many people that are over obsessed with the idea
there is some sort of difference between walking and riding slowly.

Is there NO difference between walking and riding a bike, then?

Not when speed is similar.
Old August 5th 17, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

You're attitude stinks. I would have immediately dismounted and so
would any other members of my family.
It's cyclists like you that give decent cyclists a bad name.

You know absolutely nothing about me. I do not give cyclists a bad name.

If you want to be constructive try suggesting why a person should
walk a bicycle where someone else can drive a car.

In the situation we are talking about, the word is *respect*.

Of course it is.

BTW, the road was closed.

Legally? All boxes ticked, risk assessments carried out and all council
and police expenses paid?

It might sound as though I am making light of things but the article
carries a distinct whiff.

Yup, that is the whiff of disrespect.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this.
Old August 5th 17, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

Default Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 15:35:22 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

Only time I've seen one

Nobody talked to you idiot, Birdbrain.

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about his trolling:
"I just wrote this line to waste my time and yours."
Old August 5th 17, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, August 4, 2017 at 11:59:13 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 04/08/2017 22:16, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/new...?ref=mrb&lp=16

They always have been scum and always will be scum.

I don't accept that cyclists have always been scum.

They may (in the main) be so *now*, but the man who used to call to
collect my grandmother's Prudential money each week was respectable,
law-abiding, considerate, pleasant and even wore bicycle clips on his
suit trousers.

Back in those days people interacted with strangers on a daily basis and thus had good manners.
Now these same people drive and regard strangers as inconvenient obstacles delaying their journey.
Heinlein was right.

Old August 5th 17, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:31:29 +0100, Bod wrote:

You're attitude stinks. I would have immediately dismounted and so
would any other members of my family.
It's cyclists like you that give decent cyclists a bad name.

You know absolutely nothing about me. I do not give cyclists a bad
name.

If you want to be constructive try suggesting why a person should
walk a bicycle where someone else can drive a car.

In the situation we are talking about, the word is *respect*.

Of course it is.

BTW, the road was closed.

Legally? All boxes ticked, risk assessments carried out and all council
and police expenses paid?

It might sound as though I am making light of things but the article
carries a distinct whiff.

Yup, that is the whiff of disrespect.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Anybody asking for "All boxes ticked, risk assessments carried out and
all council and police expenses paid" for a memorial service is a
disrespectful ****wit and should be shot.

I wrote this and I hope you realise the irony. But as we have been told
many times in this group, there is an almost god-like authority that
knows best and everything MUST BE done according to it's rules and laws;
intelligence, pragmatism or common sense in the individual is not permitted.
Old August 5th 17, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_2_]

On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 17:03:07 +0100, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

[...]

Driveling sociopathic twit! tsk

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) on what he'd have done if he had
been drafted: