Reasons to suspect Armstrong...

Old July 28th 04, 01:37 PM
Skuyte Hamrell

Default Reasons to suspect Armstrong...

I believe Lance Armstrong is clean. But I understand why people
suspect him:

1) He is so much better than everybody else.
2) Not one bad day in 6 years of Tour de France racing.
3) Connections to alleged dope doctor Ferrari.
4) He is the best in cycling, a tradidionally dope-infested sport.
5) Recent track&field doping scandals have proven that Americans can
be just as big cheaters as anyone.
6) Anti-American sentiments the last couple of years.
7) Some surprisingly ungentlemanly behaviour from the gentleman LA,
like chasing Simeoni in this year's tour, or cutting across a field
after Beloki's accident last year.

But, as I said, I think Armstrong is clean. He is just extremely
talented, and has an extremely professional attitude to what he is
doing. And he is the most dope-tested athlete there is today.
Old July 28th 04, 02:01 PM
Ronald

I believe Lance Armstrong is clean. But I understand why people
suspect him:

1) He is so much better than everybody else.
2) Not one bad day in 6 years of Tour de France racing.
3) Connections to alleged dope doctor Ferrari.
4) He is the best in cycling, a tradidionally dope-infested sport.
5) Recent track&field doping scandals have proven that Americans can
be just as big cheaters as anyone.
6) Anti-American sentiments the last couple of years.
7) Some surprisingly ungentlemanly behaviour from the gentleman LA,
like chasing Simeoni in this year's tour, or cutting across a field
after Beloki's accident last year.

But, as I said, I think Armstrong is clean. He is just extremely
talented, and has an extremely professional attitude to what he is
doing. And he is the most dope-tested athlete there is today.

8) Answering "I was never caught" instead of a simple "No" when asked
about using doping.

m...

Old July 28th 04, 04:36 PM
gym gravity

Skuyte Hamrell wrote:

or cutting across a field after Beloki's accident last year.

??? avioding a crash at all possible cost is ungentlemanly ???

did you see the footage or did you read about it in an online report?
Old July 28th 04, 04:48 PM
Weisse Luft

Ronald Wrote:
I believe Lance Armstrong is clean. But I understand why people
suspect him:

8) Answering "I was never caught" instead of a simple "No" when asked
about using doping.

.

Yes he was caught. Corticoid steroid used TOPICALLY for saddle sore
AND PERMITTED by UCI and race officials.

And Lance HAS used EPO. After his chemo, his Hcrt dropped to 26 and
the doctors used it withing FDA approved procedures to rebuild his
endurance.

--
Weisse Luft

Old July 28th 04, 06:01 PM
Race Bannon

or cutting across a field
after Beloki's accident last year.

What does that have to do with your argument?

Race

Old July 28th 04, 07:18 PM
SMMB

Default Reasons *not* to suspect Armstrong...

"Race Bannon" a écrit dans le message de :
I have heard him so "no". I am not defending or accusing. Just giving

facts.

Race

You got it !! That is a good fact, that he said those words. Beginning to
balance Brian Lafferty, at last. Now, can't some of you come up with other
facts ? Not opinions, or interpretations, or adulations. Then we can find
equilibrium, or get closer.

Here's a fact to add, or so I believe : Armstrong has never tested positive
in official testing for a banned substance, unless he had a medical
authorization to use it. (I'm just covering for myself - I can't be sure
any longer what has been distorted by variation and repetition.)

Someone, quick, start a list !
--
Sandy
Paris FR

*******

La vie, c'est comme une bicyclette,
il faut avancer pour ne pas perdre l'équilibre.
-- Einstein, A.

Old July 28th 04, 07:46 PM
K. J. Papai

(Skuyte Hamrell) wrote in message om...
I believe Lance Armstrong is clean. But I understand why people
suspect him:

1) He is so much better than everybody else.

TRUE -- because no one prepares and studies the course Like Lance.

2) Not one bad day in 6 years of Tour de France racing.

Lance has had a couple bad days at the Tour (which would be good days
for the other 150 racers).
First was his mild bonk in the mountainj stage 2-3 Tours ago, and then
last year when he dehydrated himself during the ITT.
He almost had a really bad day when Heras was crashed in the TTT 2-3
years ago.

3) Connections to alleged dope doctor Ferrari.
4) He is the best in cycling, a tradidionally dope-infested sport.

No more dope-infested than any other sport, so no.

5) Recent track&field doping scandals have proven that Americans can
be just as big cheaters as anyone.
6) Anti-American sentiments the last couple of years.
7) Some surprisingly ungentlemanly behaviour from the gentleman LA,
like chasing Simeoni in this year's tour, or cutting across a field
after Beloki's accident last year.

WHAT?! He avoid Beloki and went the the only direction he could,
across the field, which was more treacherous than jumping back on the
road.

But, as I said, I think Armstrong is clean. He is just extremely
talented, and has an extremely professional attitude to what he is
doing. And he is the most dope-tested athlete there is today.

Lance is the real deal and the BEST Tour de France racer of all time.

He himself has inspired more Americans to ride bikes than anyone.

-Ken
Old July 28th 04, 08:28 PM
Chris

"Skuyte Hamrell" wrote in message
m...
I believe Lance Armstrong is clean. But I understand why people
suspect him:

1) He is so much better than everybody else.
2) Not one bad day in 6 years of Tour de France racing.

Yeah, you are right. Not "one bad day" but he has had about a half dozen bad
days all tolled. Starting back in 2000 when he bonked during the final climb
one day, then there are numerous ITT losses and several other bad days in
the mountains when he was able to bluff his way to the finish and keep the
damage manageable. I guess he fools a lot of fans in to thinking he is
invincible too. If he can fool his peers, he can fool you too. He does not
have to be perfect to win, only better than the rest for typically 21 days
of racing combined per year.

3) Connections to alleged dope doctor Ferrari.
4) He is the best in cycling, a tradidionally dope-infested sport.

No, not the best. He is the best at the Tour when there are the most people
looking.

5) Recent track&field doping scandals have proven that Americans can
be just as big cheaters as anyone.

People are people.

6) Anti-American sentiments the last couple of years.
7) Some surprisingly ungentlemanly behaviour from the gentleman LA,
like chasing Simeoni in this year's tour, or cutting across a field
after Beloki's accident last year.

But, as I said, I think Armstrong is clean. He is just extremely
talented, and has an extremely professional attitude to what he is
doing. And he is the most dope-tested athlete there is today.

Yeah well, what was your point again?