Miyata CF Base + Miyata Handles + KH Cover = Wicked Trials Saddle.

Old August 11th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials_uni

Default Miyata CF Base + Miyata Handles + KH Cover = Wicked Trials Saddle.

I just got to go take my new Custom CF saddle for its first real ride
and man is it sweet. Its so rigid, zero flex even with me reafing on
it. Ill tell ya once you go CF its like night and day, you never want
to go back to a regular plastic base with a re-enforcement plate.

The Miyata foam is very nice ond low profile so its super easy to go
from Seat in to SIF and vice versa. It also makes it easy to hold the
saddle for SIF hopping.

The only complaints i have are that its not the most comfortable thing
ever, but hey, who acctually "rides" a Trials uni a whole lot anyways,
youre most ly standing on your pedals hopping. And for the amount of
time you are riding the uni its not unbearable. Another Issue is the
handles. But im pretty sure its just because im not used to them yet

The Components are as follows
1. Gemcrest Miyata style CF base
2. Miyata foam
3. Miyata front and rear bumpers.
4. KH Fusion cover.

The KH cover is a bit of a pain to fit on the Miyata base but with a
little patience it goes on.

So my closing word is that if your in the market for a great trials
saddle you should give this a try.

-Phil

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

Radical Reed wrote:
I have to herd the polor bears, while harvesting pot. Then I sit down on
my couch made of softwood lumber with a glass of maple syrup and watch
a hockey game or a gay marrige.

*Caution-I may have no idea what im talking about*

Old August 11th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gerblefranklin

Yeah, I'm sure you'll be real happy with that seat when you rip the
front handle off and bend the stock miyata seatpost (really, there's a
reason that nobody rides miyata handles). Otherwise, that's a pretty
good setup. I rode a very similar seat for nearly a year, except with a
duct tape seatcover and airseat padding. Great for trials, but yeah,
not to great for epic muni rides.

--
gerblefranklin

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex

Old August 11th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials_uni

Oh well... I suppose i switch out to a Kinprt when i break the Miyata.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

Old August 11th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

trials_uni wrote:
Oh well... I suppose i switch out to a Kinprt when i break the Miyata.

UDC doesn't have kinports anymore and mine snapped so easily. Was it
you that drilled your base at the weird angle for the handle? That will
suck if you need to drill it to another bolt pattern because some of
your holes may overlap and you will get oval shaped holes, that
happened to me when I drilled it for a reeder which was at a wierd
angle.

If its only a trials uni then it doesn't matter since you won't be
using the handle for sif anyway.

--
Spencer Hochberg

(disclaimer: i may not know what i am talking about)
Evan wrote:
i just found some candy in a suitcase under my bed, i have no clue how
old it is...i ate it anyway

'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
(http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Old August 11th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials_uni

I re drilled and moved the handle...Its straight now. I have a
question...is it nesscesary to put a rubber shim beween the seat post
and the base or is that just something you can forget about?

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !

Old August 12th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onetrack

trials_uni wrote:
is it nesscesary to put a rubber shim beween the seat post and the base?

no

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Old August 12th 06, 07:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
teachndad

See about getting a GB4 seat post to replace the Miyata seat post.

Also, try Darren Bedford at Bedford Unicycles for the Kinport handles.
When Uni.com is out of something, I go to Darren.

Cheers.

--
teachndad

Rod Wylie (No longer riding, much )'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
(http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Greate...Angeles-Trails)
'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

Old August 12th 06, 08:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

teachndad wrote:

Also, try Darren Bedford at Bedford Unicycles for the Kinport handles.
When Uni.com is out of something, I go to Darren.

Cheers.

Ohhh, I have seen Steve Howard handles on Darren's pricelist and I
didn't realize it is the same as a kinport...so you won't have a
problem getting one.

Old August 12th 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
muzzle

trials_uni wrote:

is it nesscesary to put a rubber shim beween the seat post and the
base?
onetrack wrote:
no

I would recommend it tho for sure

--
muzzle

my videos: 'muzzle!videos' (http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3)
http://youtube.com/profile?user=muzzl3
my website: '!muzzle!' (http://www.muzzle.co.nr)
http://www.muzzle.co.nr
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

Old August 12th 06, 12:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials_uni

What does it do?

--
trials_uni