York - Selby Cycle Route en route catering arrangements

Old July 17th 05, 11:16 PM
vernon

Default York - Selby Cycle Route en route catering arrangements

On today's pootle with a colleague olong the cycle path, we discovered a
plethora of wild cherry trees laden with fruit. The quality of the fruit
varied from tree to tree and we were joined by some dutch cyclists as we
gorged ourselves with more than the recommended five portions of fruit. We
had another 'meal break on the return leg. Anyone contemplating a ride on
the route get there sooner rather than later - I'm tempted to return with a
gang of ten colleagues to clear the trees of their fruit :-)

Anyone with a bit of patience will be able to harvest crab apples when they
ripen.

On a less happy note we found the attitude and demeanour of some of the
staff at the King's Arms less than friendly.

Vernon
in Leeds

Old July 25th 05, 11:58 PM
Neil

Hi Vernon

On today's pootle with a colleague olong the cycle path, we discovered a
plethora of wild cherry trees laden with fruit. The quality of the fruit
varied from tree to tree and we were joined by some dutch cyclists as we
gorged ourselves with more than the recommended five portions of fruit.
We had another 'meal break on the return leg. Anyone contemplating a
ride on the route get there sooner rather than later - I'm tempted to
return with
a gang of ten colleagues to clear the trees of their fruit :-)

Loads of cherry trees avec fruit at Naburn Station tea stop/cafe - I thought
it impolite to stuff myself on their fruit when I was there last weekend,
I'm
there Thursday this week when it should be nice and ripe and the cafe
closed...

Anyone with a bit of patience will be able to harvest crab apples when
they ripen.

What are they any good for?

On a less happy note we found the attitude and demeanour of some of the
staff at the King's Arms less than friendly.

Don't know that one hangs head in shame.

Can heartily recommend The Blacksmiths Arms in Naburn about 1/2 mile
off route and the Ship Inn at Acaster Mablis about a mile from route (this
being the destination of the York Rally friday night pub ride I think).

wirral_cyclist

North Sea Cycle Route -Norway Tony Raven UK 4 December 1st 03 11:17 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Pick 'n Pay Cape Argus Cycle Tour - Cape Town, South Africa, 2004 David Cowie Racing 0 August 28th 03 10:29 PM
Pick 'n Pay Cape Argus Cycle Tour - Cape Town, South Africa, 2004 David Cowie UK 0 August 28th 03 10:29 PM
Wire strung across "cycle route" Colin UK 19 August 8th 03 03:48 PM