Ingenious Way to Stop Bike Thieves!

Old November 25th 04, 10:24 PM

Good work Steve,like 45 miles from I-95.

I MTB 2004

Old November 25th 04, 10:28 PM

Sorry but no can't stand stupid people.

I MTB 2004

Old November 26th 04, 01:16 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Shane Maven wrote:
"B i l l S o r n s o n" wrote in message
Someone on my local ride list posted a link to a short film showing
guys overtly stealing THEIR OWN bikes in NYC, and no one questioned
them. (One guy at end even helps!) They used hack saws, cable
cutters, even a friggin' TORCH, and the police vehicle drove right
by...

Wow...crazy...don't leave us in suspense...do you have the link for
us? I wanna see that vid!

Sorry, I deleted it. Will Google later after my post-62.5-miler power nap.

ZZzzzzz,
--
BS (no, really)

Old November 26th 04, 08:16 PM
FeltnA

B i l l S o r n s o n wrote:
Jestrada wrote:

"Verdra H. Ciretop" wrote:

Source with photos:
http://www.geocities.com/verdrahciretop/invisibike.html

BELL LAUNCHES INGENIOUS BICYCLE ANTI-THEFT PRODUCT

That article is hilarious! I loved the last part about "you have to
see it to believe it!" And I almost wet myself looking at those last
pictures!

Umm, you wet WAY too easily.

{Avoiding filthy joke opportunities o' plenty}

I ordered paint free sample. Unfortunately my kids got it first and
after painting mess in their rooms, they looked like this:

http://tabla.xenya.si/files/nevidna_barva.jpg
Old November 27th 04, 01:22 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

OK, here ya go: http://www.fnordsystems.com/~eric/vi...thiefsmall.mov

Old November 27th 04, 02:19 AM
Slacker

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:22:55 GMT, B i l l S o r n s o n =

Shane Maven wrote:
"B i l l S o r n s o n" wrote in message=

Someone on my local ride list posted a link to a short film showin=

guys overtly stealing THEIR OWN bikes in NYC, and no one questione=

them. (One guy at end even helps!) They used hack saws, cable
cutters, even a friggin' TORCH, and the police vehicle drove right=

by...

Wow...crazy...don't leave us in suspense...do you have the link for=

us? I wanna see that vid!

Sorry, I deleted it. Will Google later after my post-62.5-miler
power nap.

Thanks!

OK, here ya go: =

http://www.fnordsystems.com/~eric/vi...thiefsmall.mov

Lol .... I was going to say it's not surprising on the streets of NY, bu=
t =

the truth be told, I could probably get away with the same here in in L.=
A.

Oh yeah, that's right I did get away with breaking into a gas station =

(many years ago) in the middle of the night. A police car even pulled in=
to =

the parking lot to ask my what I was doing. After a 15 minute =

conversation, with tools, oil and radiator hoses from the gas station =

sprawled all over the ground, the police officers wished me luck and dro=
ve =

off :-)
-- =

Slacker
Old November 27th 04, 03:01 AM
Shane Maven

Someone on my local ride list posted a link to a short film showing
guys overtly stealing THEIR OWN bikes in NYC, and no one questioned
them. (One guy at end even helps!) They used hack saws, cable
cutters, even a friggin' TORCH, and the police vehicle drove right
by...

OK, here ya go:

http://www.fnordsystems.com/~eric/vi...thiefsmall.mov

Unbelievable!!!!! A must see!!! Thanks for posting this.

Old November 30th 04, 03:20 AM
Judith Wheat

"B i l l S o r n s o n" wrote in message
Someone on my local ride list posted a link to a short film showing
guys overtly stealing THEIR OWN bikes in NYC, and no one questioned
them. (One guy at end even helps!) They used hack saws, cable
cutters, even a friggin' TORCH, and the police vehicle drove right
by...

OK, here ya go:

http://www.fnordsystems.com/~eric/vi...thiefsmall.mov

The link is down now...looks like the webmaster removed that file. Anyone
have another link?

Old November 30th 04, 04:14 AM
Jestrada

"B i l l S o r n s o n" wrote in message ...
Someone on my local ride list posted a link to a short film showing
guys overtly stealing THEIR OWN bikes in NYC, and no one questioned
them. (One guy at end even helps!) They used hack saws, cable
cutters, even a friggin' TORCH, and the police vehicle drove right
by...

OK, here ya go: http://www.fnordsystems.com/~eric/vi...thiefsmall.mov

Since that link is down, you can try this one:

Head over to: http://www.eengoedidee.nl
and look for the file: stealing_your_own_bike.mov (16MB) - it's under
/videoz/mountainbike/
Here's a page where it should show up with a direct link:
http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/?se...d&search=66280
You do need to register (free, quick & easy, no strings attached)