It's Very Sad

Old February 24th 10, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Luis Rodilla

Default It's Very Sad

Some of the more arrogant readers of URC (like Jackson) have a rigid
policy of immediately killfiling anyone who even fleetingly questions
speed cameras or expresses certain other opinions, whether or not there
is any hint of trolling*, whatever the posting history of the person in
question, and even when such comments are relevant to cycling (which of
course they invariably a cameras affect the safety of cyclists one
way or another).

Why do these people do this please? Is it because they know that the
expressed opinions are correct, but they don't want to be reminded of it
because they'd rather they weren't correct? They know they're wrong but
they're damned if they're going to admit it: much better to pretend
things are how they want them to be and shoot the messenger when anyone
points out how it really is? Is that really a healthy way of looking at
things, and what does it say about whether or not the killfiler is an
arrogant cnut and a piece of **** whose attitude is singularly unhelpful
to society? Also what does it say about speed camera supporters when
such a large percentage of them engage in this wholesale killfiling?
Doesn't it indicate that they're deeply insecure about the rationality
and defensibility of their stated position (that cameras "improve road
safety", which of course very few halfway intelligent people still
genuinely believe without reservation)?

(And no, I don't care who killfiles me...we all know that what I say is
correct whether or not it is followed by predictable, sanctimonious,
dishonest, intentionally vague claptrap.)

--
Luis Rodilla

"Odio los coches y decir mentiras sobre la seguridad vial. Por tanto,
estoy en un asesino."

* I of course use "trolling" in its proper sense, rather than the
useless and pathetic URC definition of "trolling" ("expressing banned
opinions and/or effortlessly making the car-haters look stupid yet
again").
Old February 24th 10, 05:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 00:24:57 -0000
Luis Rodilla wrote:

Is it because they know that the
expressed opinions are correct, but they don't want to be reminded of
it because they'd rather they weren't correct?

No, it's because you're tedious, wrong, and too mad or stupid to
realise.

Old February 24th 10, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim A

Luis Rodilla wrote:
... is an arrogant cnut and a piece of ****

That sort of talk is reason enough.

plonk

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old February 24th 10, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 00:24:57 -0000, Luis Rodilla
wrote:

It's Very Sad

That the same poor soul feels he needs to post under different names
to get past killfiles, when it's perfectly obvious who it is from the
outset.