Der Jan flicked by sponsor

Old October 12th 04, 06:36 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

Default Der Jan flicked by sponsor

Ullrich cut off:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...llrich_offbeat

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://www.getffox.com/
Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://www.gettbird.com/
Old October 13th 04, 01:21 AM
TritonRider

From: Ewoud Dronkert

Ullrich cut off:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...llrich_offbeat

Given our experiences with the German phone system it's no big surprise. For
the first year, two of the times we lived there, once in Augsburg, and once in
Kaiserslautern we used the phone as a "Floor Ornament" because we couldn't get
it turned on in any reasonable timeframe.
I will say that by the time we last left in 2000 things seemed to work pretty
well.
Bill C
Old October 13th 04, 08:49 PM
Kyle Legate

From: Ewoud Dronkert

Ullrich cut off:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...llrich_offbeat

Given our experiences with the German phone system it's no big
surprise. For the first year, two of the times we lived there, once
in Augsburg, and once in Kaiserslautern we used the phone as a "Floor
Ornament" because we couldn't get it turned on in any reasonable
timeframe.
I will say that by the time we last left in 2000 things seemed to
work pretty well.

I would consider the phone company bull**** as the second most compelling
reason not to move. The first would be internet connection bull****. I had
to ask three times for a cd containing dsl software that would run on an
english windows system, because the latest versions only recognise german
directory structures. As a result, the software interface between my
computer and the world is old and buggy and crashes at startup at least half
the time.

When Telekom announced they were going to break into the north american
telecommunications market, I just had to shake my head.

Old October 13th 04, 10:01 PM
alex

Simple. Just switch to some other company. For example to ARCOR...

Of course, cancel well in advance because some service contracts in Germany
take several months to be terminated. For example some cell phone contracts
can stand 4 months (and longer) after your cancellation request (even if you
have fully satisfied the minimum contractual period).

In terms of service and consumer convenience Germany is quite at the end of
the line in Europe.

Sponsor? gpickett00 Unicycling 28 May 2nd 04 02:40 PM
Microsoft, Oracle, Unisys should sponsor a team each! what if club Racing 13 September 24th 03 08:38 PM