NY1\Bikes Returned, But Critical Mass Riders Remain Angry

Old April 11th 05, 06:23 PM
Jonny

"Jym Dyer" wrote in message
om...
snip emotionware

"The bikes were seized because they were chained illegally."

" A spokesman for the department says while they recognize the
inconvenience of having a bike seized, it can be avoided by not
chaining a bike illegally in the city."

=v= How remarkable. You snip out the part of the story where real
people step forward and have their say, but the deliberately-spun
(and inaccurate) soundbite from the P.R. department is your idea
of gospel truth.

Who appointed you Pope ? You are transparent, all politics, and lie
whenever you can.

=v= None of these people chained their bike illegally.

Yes, they were. THe cops were right on this one.

=v= There is no law against chaining up a bike in NYC, unless it
impedes pedestrian or vehicle traffic.

That is the problem, but the Critical Mass way is to f*ck everybody else.

=v= The NYPD uses an "abandoned property" statute as a pretext,
despite the fact that the bikes are clearly not abandoned.

No so, that wasn't the charge

Old April 11th 05, 07:28 PM
Anthony A.

Bill

The cops in NYC are just a bunch of beer drinking Long Island ******s
who think riding a bike in NYC is an illegal activity.

Really?
Many of the ones I know live in Queens and Brooklyn.
Including the 2 who I do multiple cycling events with every year.
I'm certain that they don't believe that the are breaking the law on
our group rides
Please don't perpetuate blanket stereotypes like that.

I wonder how this years 5 boro bike tour will go. That event has a HUGE
police presence, both as participants and as a covert/overt security
force. I hope everyone gets along & plays nice.

Old April 11th 05, 07:48 PM
slim

Jonny wrote:

"Jym Dyer" wrote in message
om...

snip emotionware

"The bikes were seized because they were chained illegally."

" A spokesman for the department says while they recognize the
inconvenience of having a bike seized, it can be avoided by not chaining a
bike illegally in the city."

Sounds like your own Damn Fault, Critical Ass Morons.

The city never PROVED THESE CHARGES.

Sounds like police harassment.

--

"This notion that the United States is getting ready
to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. Having said that,

http://www.quantumphilosophy.net/fil...yan_Medium.mov

http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
http://www.worldmessenger.20m.com/weapons.html#wms
WHY IRAQ?: http://www.angelfire.com/creep/gwbush/remindus.html
http://www.toostupidtobepresident.co...ickenhawks.htm

"Bubba got a BJ, BU$H screwed us all!" - Slim
Old April 11th 05, 11:18 PM
Jym Dyer

Also were the police targeting critical mass participants when they saw
them chaining their bikes up or were they clipping any chained bike they
saw in that area?

=v= They were taking every bike in the area.

=v= While they are targeting Critical Mass in this case, they have used
this pretext at other times. Every now and then somebody has a bike
stolen and asks around, only to find that the NYPD or Parks Dept. cut
their lock. Last June, every bike chained to the gate at the Bedford St.
subway station in Williamsburg was cut and seized with no warning
or explanation.
_Jym_
Old April 11th 05, 11:22 PM
Jym Dyer

"Critical Mass Riders Remain Angry"

Isn't that a redundancy? CM riders seem to be perpetually angry,
so this is nothing new.

=v= Where you get your misinformation about CM? In general, and
of course when not under attack by the police, CM rides are happy,
positive, and celebratory events.
_Jym_
Old April 13th 05, 02:37 AM
Jonny

"Jym Dyer" wrote in message
om...
Also were the police targeting critical mass participants when they saw
them chaining their bikes up or were they clipping any chained bike they
saw in that area?

=v= They were taking every bike in the area.

=v= While they are targeting Critical Mass in this case, they have used
this pretext at other times. Every now and then somebody has a bike
stolen and asks around, only to find that the NYPD or Parks Dept. cut
their lock. Last June, every bike chained to the gate at the Bedford St.
subway station in Williamsburg was cut and seized with no warning
or explanation.
_Jym_

What a Load of Loose Lard.

Critical mAss stays ****ed off at "the man".

"give me my bikie-poo back"

- yawn -

Old April 13th 05, 04:43 PM
Jym Dyer

"give me my bikie-poo back"

=v= "Jonny" (or whoever you are, since you're too cowardly
to post under anything but constantly-changing aliases), if you
can't understand why bicyclists would want their bikes not to
be stolen from them, what are you doing on rec.BICYCLES.soc
and nyc.BICYCLES?
_Jym_
Old April 13th 05, 06:15 PM
Jonny

"Jym Dyer" wrote in message
om...
"give me my bikie-poo back"

=v= "Jonny" (or whoever you are, since you're too cowardly
to post under anything but constantly-changing aliases), if you
can't understand why bicyclists would want their bikes not to
be stolen from them, what are you doing on rec.BICYCLES.soc
and nyc.BICYCLES?
_Jym_

I am responding to your cross-posting, twit.

Go wipe your critical ass, agitator, you smell stinky.

Old April 14th 05, 02:47 PM

And if you want to see (or hear, I should say) pure joy in the face of
rush hour, listen to 20 minutes of the San Francisco Critical Mass
(where there is no police interference) on my podcast -
http://bikescape.blogspot.com/2005/0...ical-mass.html

-jon