Support "Stop for Pedestrians" in committee now, Virginia

Old February 19th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Matt O'Toole

Default Support "Stop for Pedestrians" in committee now, Virginia

Fellow Virginia Cyclists and Pedestrians,

We're closer than ever to getting a "stop for pedestrians in crosswalks"
bill passed in Virginia. The bill, SB644, is on the Transportation
Committee docket for tomorrow afternoon. If we can get it through
committee tomorrow it will probably pass the House and finally become
law (it has already passed the Senate).

If you're a constituent of a Transportation Committee member, please
contact your delegate's office before 2pm tomorrow, and urge them to
support the "Stop for Pedestrians in Crosswalks" bill, SB644.

I've posted the info at
http://www.vabike.org/sb644-stop-for-pedestrians, but for quick reference,
here's the list of House Transportation Committee members:

May, Chairman (Loudon)
Ed Scott (Culpeper)
Toscano (Charlottesville)
Fralin (Roanoke)
Nichols (Woodbridge)
Frederick (Woodbridge)
Dwight Jones (Richmond)
Saxman (Staunton)
Loupassi (West end Richmond & Chesterfield)
Ebbin (Arlington)
Carrico (SW Virginia, along the NC line)
Rust (Herndon)
BaCote (Newport News)
Cosgrove (Chesapeake)
Hugo (Centreville)
Gear (Hampton)
Tata (VA Beach)
Marsden (Fairfax)
Oder (Newport News)
Valentine (Lynchburg)
Brink (Arlington)

If one of these is your delegate, please contact their office by 2pm tomorrow.

You can find who your delegate is, and their contact information at:

http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/main?openform

This is a close one that just needs a little push. With your help we can
finally get this done!

Matt O.