Not even the cars moved when it was this cold

Old June 2nd 10, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thearklightreturns

Default Not even the cars moved when it was this cold

Not even the cars moved when it was this cold...
"the great winter of london"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUGoslTwX2Q

We're forgetting what an atrocious winter we've just had
as we put on our cycling shorts as it gets marginally warmer.
Who's betting we're not as prepared for the upcoming winter
even though a very nasty one.

Heri

http://www.youtube.com/thearklight
Old June 2nd 10, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim A

On 06/02/2010 08:30 PM, thearklightreturns wrote:
Not even the cars moved when it was this cold...

It didn't stop me cycling though, thanks to Schwalbe Marathon Winter
tyres :-)

"the great winter of london"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUGoslTwX2Q

Nice film. Is that Hampstead Heath?

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old June 2nd 10, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

thearklightreturns wrote:

Not even the cars moved when it was this cold...
"the great winter of london"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUGoslTwX2Q

We're forgetting what an atrocious winter we've just had
as we put on our cycling shorts as it gets marginally warmer.
Who's betting we're not as prepared for the upcoming winter
even though a very nasty one.

Didn't stop me driving, or cycling .. it did most of the rest of the
street though.

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp
Old June 2nd 10, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adam Lea[_2_]

Paul - xxx wrote:
thearklightreturns wrote:

Not even the cars moved when it was this cold...
"the great winter of london"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUGoslTwX2Q

We're forgetting what an atrocious winter we've just had
as we put on our cycling shorts as it gets marginally warmer.
Who's betting we're not as prepared for the upcoming winter
even though a very nasty one.

Didn't stop me driving, or cycling .. it did most of the rest of the
street though.

It did stop me several times, but then I only had a road bike with slick
23 mm tyres at that time.

That, plus the fact that if I can work from home*, why take the risk?

*workplace was closed anyway for a few days.
Old June 2nd 10, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
ash[_2_]

On Jun 2, 9:10*pm, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
thearklightreturns wrote:
Not even the cars moved when it was this cold...
"the great winter of london"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUGoslTwX2Q

We're forgetting what an atrocious winter we've just had
as we put on our cycling shorts as it gets marginally warmer.
Who's betting we're not as prepared for the upcoming winter
even though a very nasty one.

Didn't stop me driving, or cycling .. it did most of the rest of the
street though. *

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp

It didn't stop me driving either. Well all bar a 1:3 hill near me
which defeated all comers. I should have dropped the tyre pressures to
about 10psi ;o)
Old June 3rd 10, 06:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Adam Lea wrote:

Paul - xxx wrote:
thearklightreturns wrote:

Not even the cars moved when it was this cold...
"the great winter of london"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUGoslTwX2Q

We're forgetting what an atrocious winter we've just had
as we put on our cycling shorts as it gets marginally warmer.
Who's betting we're not as prepared for the upcoming winter
even though a very nasty one.

Didn't stop me driving, or cycling .. it did most of the rest of the
street though.

It did stop me several times, but then I only had a road bike with
slick 23 mm tyres at that time.

That, plus the fact that if I can work from home*, why take the risk?

*workplace was closed anyway for a few days.

I walk to work .. all my driving/riding was mostly pleasure.

Old June 3rd 10, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
roger merriman

Jim A wrote:

On 06/02/2010 08:30 PM, thearklightreturns wrote:
Not even the cars moved when it was this cold...

It didn't stop me cycling though, thanks to Schwalbe Marathon Winter
tyres :-)

it didn't stop me riding or driving....

I'm used to snow and snow driving so as london has no hills so getting
around was no problem. great fun on bike though!

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Old June 3rd 10, 07:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
roger merriman

Paul - xxx wrote:

Adam Lea wrote:

Paul - xxx wrote:
thearklightreturns wrote:

Not even the cars moved when it was this cold...
"the great winter of london"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUGoslTwX2Q

We're forgetting what an atrocious winter we've just had
as we put on our cycling shorts as it gets marginally warmer.
Who's betting we're not as prepared for the upcoming winter
even though a very nasty one.

Didn't stop me driving, or cycling .. it did most of the rest of the
street though.

It did stop me several times, but then I only had a road bike with
slick 23 mm tyres at that time.

That, plus the fact that if I can work from home*, why take the risk?

*workplace was closed anyway for a few days.

I walk to work .. all my driving/riding was mostly pleasure.

I rode to work as normal though did make longer routes as it was fun,
and picked up my wife if i could (time) in the car.

it never got that bad, but both the hybrid and wee car where fine, if it
got much much worse always had the MTB which since has full on mud
tires, so will spike it's way up most things.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com