9 speed Campy on 8 speed hubs- possible??

Old August 24th 03, 03:52 PM
Ben Reuter

Default 9 speed Campy on 8 speed hubs- possible??

I have a Campy 8 speed Vento rear wheel and wonder if there is anyway to use
a 9 speed cassette without have to buy a new cassette body- does any company
make a conversion spacer or cog kit?? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Ben

Old August 25th 03, 12:22 AM
Paul Kopit

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:52:13 GMT, "Ben Reuter"
wrote:

I have a Campy 8 speed Vento rear wheel and wonder if there is anyway to use
a 9 speed cassette without have to buy a new cassette body- does any company
make a conversion spacer or cog kit?? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

You need one more cog and a set of Wheels 2.5 mm purple spacers. Tiso
also makes and has available 2.4 mm spacers that would work even nicer
but most shops won't waste their time finding the source domestic
distributor. It is a standard Campy 10 sp spacer and I don't know who
sells them individually at an economical price.

You will be wide by ½ mm on the stack and the end cog will engage the
crooves in the cassette. You'll shift 9 fine. Making a 12/23 into a
12/26 works fine.

2.5 mm spacers are availalbe from Wheels mfg to convert Campy
cassettes to Shimano spacing.