tire sizes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 7th 18, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default tire sizes

Turning the place into a DIY shop was the best
thing I ever did! Surprisingly, as it was never
"closed" and there were always tons of
goofballs working on their wierd projects.
But now, the enthusiasm and atmosphere is much
better! Or maybe I'm reading into this?

Well, now my next idea is to print small
posters which will illustrate key aspects.

Here is one image [1] I found on the net
explaining the tire size systems.

1) Anyone wants to add anything to it?

2) Of the systems I prefer the ISO (ETRTO),
I understand the old English inch system
looking on a tire, and the French system
I understand/"remember" looking on that
image...

But wasn't there yet another system that was
similar in style to the French system on the
image? Only this was super-confusing because
during the years the same designation
actually took on different meanings?

3) I'll put a small textbox onto that image
before I print it saying "beware of the
drive" (rotation inclination) and perhaps
"put the size label by the valve". Any other
time-tested wisdom? Just keep it short and
simple

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/bike/tire-size.png

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

Tire Sizes Terpelding Techniques 1 October 21st 08 02:45 PM
tire sizes bluezfolk General 3 August 22nd 07 12:09 AM
Tire Sizes for KH 20 Unicorn Unicycling 21 July 29th 07 09:15 AM
Availability of Better Wheel and Tire Sizes 32GO Recumbent Biking 2 February 2nd 07 04:24 AM
Tube vs Tire sizes Jesse Falsone Techniques 7 December 31st 04 01:58 AM