Missed it by that much.......

Old October 11th 04, 04:01 PM
Gags

Default Missed it by that much.......

Stupid Ebay.......

I have been looking for a cheap big road frame that I can convert to a fixie
lately and I had my eye on an old Shogun road bike on ebay last night that
had a frame big enough for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I was planning on making a bid in the closing minutes of $101 as I was
prepared to spend up to $100........I was stuffing around and nearly missed
the closing time so I had to place my bid in a hurry and I put in $100
instead of $101...... and of course I was f*$%^n outbid by someone who bid
$100 earlier than I did.

Guess I will have to keep looking.....if anyone has got an old road frame
that is about 62cm or so from BB to top tube then give me a yell so that I
can make a ridiculously underpriced offer.

Ride On,

Gags

Old October 12th 04, 08:56 AM
DJ

"Gags" gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au wrote in message
[...]

It's also possible that the person who won it was using proxy bidding and
his bid automatically goes up as soon as someone bids a couple of dollars
higher than the current bid.

I don't know if you've ever experienced that before but for example if the
current bid is $100 , it's usually from the last bidder, then someone like
you who waits till just the last minute decides as you did to put $101, but
the bidder before you actually had his bid around $120 so that unless
someones bids more than $120 the scale will always climb to out bid you
untill you overtake his highest amount entered. But, you don't know how much
that is...could've been $150 the other guy was prepared to pay for it but
instead he got it for $120 because no-one outbid him.
Clear as mud!!

Cheers

DJ

Old October 12th 04, 11:30 AM
Gags

"DJ" wrote in message

[...]

Not in this case....he got it for $100.00 - the same amount as I bid. Had
he bid higher, it would have gone up to $101 or $102.50 or whatever the next
increment was........thems the breaks,
Gags

Old October 12th 04, 12:53 PM
DJ

"DJ" wrote in message

[...]

Sometimes I have found that if you're trying to play the last minute
bidding game, right up to the minute, your bid doesn't quite make it to the
system.I was doing this once and bid 2 minutes before the close only to
miss out as ebay's system sometimes doesn't refresh as quick as we
do.......my bid didn't make it.

DJ