Muni "warm-up" routine(s) and best time of day to ride.

Old May 23rd 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Muni "warm-up" routine(s) and best time of day to ride.

I ride when I have the time open. If I had to watch the clock I'd have
even less opportunity. That said, definitely in the summer I personally
prefer the morning, because here in Sacramento, the hottest part of the
day is around 5:00pm. It cools down fast, but that's a late start.

Stretching is never a bad thing. I used to do it as part of my track
racing practice regimen. That and a warmup ride, usually getting to the
track. On MUni rides for me, it's usually more of a warmup that
consists of the first part of the ride.

The infamous Brett Bymaster warmup:
Jump out of car, put on gear, ride up the steep hill as fast as you
can. When you can't go any more, you're pretty much warmed up.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling