Transitions

Old September 13th 14, 11:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Transitions

I was caught off guard by the change in the weather. On Monday I was
a little less sweat-soaked than before, then on my next ride (which
was yesterday), I wore an undershirt and really should have worn
gloves.

Today, I went out in three shirts and gloves -- wearing short, thin
linen trousers. But it got warm enough that I took off the gloves.

We'll have another warm spell just after I remember how to ride in
cold weather.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
Old September 14th 14, 02:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 9/13/2014 6:01 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

I was caught off guard by the change in the weather. On Monday I was
a little less sweat-soaked than before, then on my next ride (which
was yesterday), I wore an undershirt and really should have worn
gloves.

Today, I went out in three shirts and gloves -- wearing short, thin
linen trousers. But it got warm enough that I took off the gloves.

We'll have another warm spell just after I remember how to ride in
cold weather.

I'm amazed by how much I get used to the heat, and how unfamiliar the
cold can become. The breezy 60F we had today would have felt balmy in
February. Today it was amazingly chilly.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old September 14th 14, 12:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B. Slocomb

On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 19:01:16 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I was caught off guard by the change in the weather. On Monday I was
a little less sweat-soaked than before, then on my next ride (which
was yesterday), I wore an undershirt and really should have worn
gloves.

Today, I went out in three shirts and gloves -- wearing short, thin
linen trousers. But it got warm enough that I took off the gloves.

We'll have another warm spell just after I remember how to ride in
cold weather.

Went for my usual Sunday Ride and got rained on. About 20 Km of a 60
Km ride was in the rain. Cool today too, it is about 18:00 and the
temperature is still about 81 degrees (F). :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 14th 14, 03:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Andrew Chaplin

John B. Slocomb wrote in
:

wrote:

I was caught off guard by the change in the weather. On Monday I was
a little less sweat-soaked than before, then on my next ride (which
was yesterday), I wore an undershirt and really should have worn
gloves.

Today, I went out in three shirts and gloves -- wearing short, thin
linen trousers. But it got warm enough that I took off the gloves.

We'll have another warm spell just after I remember how to ride in
cold weather.

Went for my usual Sunday Ride and got rained on. About 20 Km of a 60
Km ride was in the rain. Cool today too, it is about 18:00 and the
temperature is still about 81 degrees (F). :-)

Right now it's 7C in Ottawa (about 45F) and overcast. I am waiting for it to
warm up a bit, but I will likely go in shorts, t-shirt, long-sleeved shirt
and rain jacket (this last just to break the wind). I always wear gloves,
but today I think I might wear nylon shell mitts over them.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old September 15th 14, 12:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B. Slocomb

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 14:27:53 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Chaplin
wrote:

John B. Slocomb wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

I was born and brought a hundred odd miles, or so, south of Canada and
when I went away to collage I discovered that there were places where
it was warm and didn't even snow in the winter time.

I never went back, except to visit.... in the summer time.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 15th 14, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_3_]

On 9/13/2014 6:01 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

I was caught off guard by the change in the weather. On Monday I was
a little less sweat-soaked than before, then on my next ride (which
was yesterday), I wore an undershirt and really should have worn
gloves.

Today, I went out in three shirts and gloves -- wearing short, thin
linen trousers. But it got warm enough that I took off the gloves.

We'll have another warm spell just after I remember how to ride in
cold weather.

Sunday a week ago my bike ride was hot and windy local ride. Last
Saturday we did the Champlain Islands. Forecast was for 16C and a
slight chance of rain with light winds. 50km into a 100km ride it
started to rain and continued for the rest of the ride. Fairly well
pouring for the last 15k. The temperature never got above 9C and the
moderate winds turned into 40k/h gusts coming off Lake Champlain.

At a quick rest room stop a local walked by and told me "you guys must
really like riding your bikes!" lol. I guess that about sums it up.

We'll have snow here in a couple of months so you have to take what you
get. But we definitely weren't ready for the weather that we had.
Old September 15th 14, 02:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_3_]

On 9/14/2014 10:27 AM, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
John B. Slocomb wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

About the same temperature here in Montreal. Overcast and windy. After
a drenching in the Champlain Valley on Saturday, I'm driving today.
Have a good ride.