Giraffe

Old March 22nd 04, 09:51 AM
Huthwaite

Default Giraffe

What's it like riding a Giraffe?

If I can ride a uni, what's the main difference (except the obvious)
between riding that and a tall one?

Which one should I buy? One for 400 quid a bit steep or is it worth the
money over breaking a cheaper version?

Thanks for the advice!

JJ

--
Huthwaite - bahhh
Huthwaite's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5561

Old March 22nd 04, 10:05 AM
andrew_carter

I have a cheap 5' giraffe. It's holding up fine. The main difference
in the riding experience in my opinion is how long it takes to fall. If
you can overcome the mental difference in the riding experience it's not
too hard to ride at all, in fact you have more time to compensate for
loss of balance...you just have to trust yourself. I find my giraffe
easier to idle in a small area. I'd go for the cheaper one.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 20/03 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

Old March 22nd 04, 11:33 AM
elmer

Agree with Andrew. We don't usually hop or drop on our giraffes so the
need for sturdiness is reduced. I find them fun, and crowds love them,
but I spend less than 1% of my unicycle riding time upon one. They're
easy except for getting on. If you're agile and lithe dismounts are a
piece of cake too, at least for the five footers.

--
elmer - uniimpaired

"Oh, really? How many hours does it have in it?" (My 8 yr. old sons
response to my stating that this was the shortest day of the year.)
elmer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5193

Old March 22nd 04, 02:01 PM
treepotato

Girraffe?

Yes please!

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

Old March 22nd 04, 04:53 PM
theamazingmolio

I've had my giraffe for a few months now, it's not much different to
ride, although obviously it's a bit heavier than my smaller one, and its
been fitted with longer cranks to try and balance this out, which makes
it a bit slower. It's brilliant for looking over posh neighbours' garden
walls!

I bought it for just under £200 from unicycle.com, which i suppose makes
it cheap, and I haven't broken it yet, despite bunny hopping and
dropping it occasionally.

--
theamazingmolio
theamazingmolio's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5931