killing cyclists is fun

Old April 23rd 04, 05:28 PM
Ryan Fisher

Default killing cyclists is fun

a local radio morning show in Atlanta (of all places this week) has jumped
on the "telling listeners to run cyclists off the road" bandwagon this
morning. Pretty much more of the same type discussion that went on with the
clear channel jocks in the recent past. If anyone is up for emailing those
in charge to voice their opinions contact info for the station can be found
at http://www.99x.com/ thanks

Old April 23rd 04, 06:21 PM
neil0502

Ryan Fisher wrote:
a local radio morning show in Atlanta (of all places this week) has
jumped on the "telling listeners to run cyclists off the road" bandwagon
this morning. Pretty much more of the same type discussion that went on
with the clear channel jocks in the recent past. If anyone is up for
emailing those in charge to voice their opinions contact info for the
station can be found at http://www.99x.com/http://www.99x.com/ thanks

Can you provide a link to a credible source that cites exactly what thi
DJ said, and when

It'd be pretty silly for people to just start e-mailing this statio
when they don't have any facts...

Thx

-

Old April 23rd 04, 07:23 PM
Luigi de Guzman

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:21:17 GMT, neil0502
wrote:

Ryan Fisher wrote:
a local radio morning show in Atlanta (of all places this week) has
jumped on the "telling listeners to run cyclists off the road" bandwagon
this morning. Pretty much more of the same type discussion that went on
with the clear channel jocks in the recent past. If anyone is up for
emailing those in charge to voice their opinions contact info for the
station can be found at http://www.99x.com/http://www.99x.com/ thanks

Can you provide a link to a credible source that cites exactly what this
DJ said, and when?

It'd be pretty silly for people to just start e-mailing this station
when they don't have any facts....

MMhmm. and I'd tell the FCC too. they take a dim view of stuff like
this now.

-Luigi

Old April 23rd 04, 07:37 PM
MikeYankee

... tell the FCC too. they take a dim view of stuff like this now.

Only if the DJ said "****ing" cyclists.

Mike Yankee

(Address is munged to thwart spammers.
To reply, delete everything after "com".)
Old April 23rd 04, 08:03 PM
kantspel

Ryan Fisher wrote:
a local radio morning show in Atlanta (of all places this week) has jumped
on the "telling listeners to run cyclists off the road" bandwagon this
morning. Pretty much more of the same type discussion that went on with the
clear channel jocks in the recent past. If anyone is up for emailing those
in charge to voice their opinions contact info for the station can be found
at http://www.99x.com/ thanks

I used to listen to the "Morning X" show all the time when I lived in
atl, it was the only morning show I've ever really liked (unless you
count npr). From looking at their site it seems like they jumped on the
howard stern/bob & tom bandwagon. Sad really, radio has gotten
unbelievably cookie cutter.

Old April 23rd 04, 08:26 PM
Luigi de Guzman

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:03:38 -0500, kantspel
wrote:

Ryan Fisher wrote:
a local radio morning show in Atlanta (of all places this week) has jumped
on the "telling listeners to run cyclists off the road" bandwagon this
morning. Pretty much more of the same type discussion that went on with the
clear channel jocks in the recent past. If anyone is up for emailing those
in charge to voice their opinions contact info for the station can be found
at http://www.99x.com/ thanks

I used to listen to the "Morning X" show all the time when I lived in
atl, it was the only morning show I've ever really liked (unless you
count npr). From looking at their site it seems like they jumped on the
howard stern/bob & tom bandwagon. Sad really, radio has gotten
unbelievably cookie cutter.

Blame the concentration of ownership and the imperative to rationalize
costs and profits across a large corporation. Risk is bad, profit is
good--and high-quality things are often also high-risk.

Oh well. OT as hell.

-Luigi
Old April 23rd 04, 09:56 PM
Jacques Moser

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:28:17 +0000, Ryan Fisher wrote:

a local radio morning show in Atlanta (of all places this week) has jumped
on the "telling listeners to run cyclists off the road" bandwagon this
morning. Pretty much more of the same type discussion that went on with
the clear channel jocks in the recent past. If anyone is up for emailing
those in charge to voice their opinions contact info for the station can
be found at http://www.99x.com/ thanks

Organize the next Crit Mass around their office ?
Old April 24th 04, 02:48 AM
Claire Petersky

"MikeYankee" wrote in message
... tell the FCC too. they take a dim view of stuff like this now.

Only if the DJ said "****ing" cyclists.

Don't most cyclists engage in sexual intercourse from time to time? I don't
know of any that have taken a vow of celibacy.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Old April 24th 04, 05:30 AM
Luigi de Guzman

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 01:48:07 GMT, "Claire Petersky"
wrote:

"MikeYankee" wrote in message
... tell the FCC too. they take a dim view of stuff like this now.

Only if the DJ said "****ing" cyclists.

Don't most cyclists engage in sexual intercourse from time to time? I don't
know of any that have taken a vow of celibacy.

I dunno. Was Gino Bartali as pious as they said he was?

-Luigi
Old April 24th 04, 06:11 AM
R15757

Claire Petersky wrote:

Don't most cyclists engage in sexual intercourse from time to time? I don't
know of any that have taken a vow of celibacy.

The great Sean Kelly supposedly avoided sexual
contact prior to major races. I think he had it
backwards.

Robert