Hoons on the Gold Coast

Old November 15th 05, 03:27 AM
GPLama

Default Hoons on the Gold Coast

"mik" wrote in message ...

I know the law hates vigilantes, but what are we to do in today's society.

Makes my blood boil.... How about you??

Young bogans... get one up on them, stay sober and have your way with their
women!!

cheers,
GPL
:just check their DOB first:
::I am not responsible for any subsequent child support costs you may
incur::

Old November 15th 05, 03:42 AM
Bleve

mik wrote:
Its end of term and schoolies is back on the Gold Coast.

Schoolies Week
Schoolies Week
In Hell it's always
Schoolies Week

I was waiting at the Pearly Gates
But the angels said "It's members only, mate"
St Peter was shepherding in the meek
But all he said to me was "Schoolies Week."

Lucifer's got issues with Paradise
So he blocked the view with miles of high-rise
Car yards as far as the eye can see
And a million teens who think they're free

Schoolies Week
Schoolies Week
In Hell it's always
Schoolies Week

Devil don't need fire and brimstone
His place is full of kids with mobile phones
You still get weeping and gnashing teeth
But that's just bad E and too much Lemon Ruski

Schoolies Week
Schoolies Week
In Hell it's always
Schoolies Week

Monday - Binge drinking
Tuesday - The world owes you a living
Wednesday - Everyone calls you "man"
Thursday - Every car's a Divvy Van
Friday - One big Desperate Dateless Ball
Saturday - Sorted for Rohipnol
Sunday - Wake up with vomit breath
Back to the start again

So you better pray you haven't been bad
Or you could wake up in a "Say No To Drugs" ad
Devil rubs his hands with glee
And in a booming voice shouts: "Fluffy Ducks are on me!"

Schoolies Week
Schoolies Week
In Hell it's always
Schoolies Week

Old November 15th 05, 04:21 AM
mik

Its end of term and schoolies is back on the Gold Coast.

I was out this morning with the tri club on the usual training run from
Tweed to Currumbin.

When we approached the tuning point at Currumbin their was about 40/50
youths all rotten drunk in the car park by the beach. As we passed they
shouted and screamed at us, and I was pelted with cans of beer (full ones
too). I was hit in the arm, leg and one skimmed my helmet. I did not stop
though, as much I as think I can handle myself I did not fancy my chances
against 40 of these idiots. We done absolutely nothing to provoke this
attack.

I tried to do the right thing and call the Police when I got home, only to
find that I had to call back during business hours between 8am and 5pm. I
guess that's when most crimes are committed!

When they were open for business no one seemed to want to help. Well what
did I expect the incident was 2 hours earlier and the mob had since moved
on.

I myself am a law abiding citizen with only one conviction to my name. About
ten years ago I caught a thief breaking into my car and I gave him a bit of
a slap and I was prosecuted. I had to pay the thief $400 compensation for
his black eye and thick lip.

Old November 15th 05, 04:29 AM
TimC

On 2005-11-15, Bleve (aka Bruce)

mik wrote:
Its end of term and schoolies is back on the Gold Coast.

Schoolies Week
Schoolies Week
In Hell it's always
Schoolies Week

Did anyone here actually go to Schoolies?

The thought never did appeal to myself, but I was amazed when a couple
of my friends wanted to go.

--
TimC
"Saving four times is just paranoia. Unless you're using an Exabyte
Old November 15th 05, 04:43 AM
LotteBum

TimC wrote:

Did anyone here actually go to Schoolies?

Hell no!

The thought never did appeal to myself, but I was amazed when a couple
of my friends wanted to go.

A girlfriend of mine from school confronted her boyfriend at the time
with the "wonderful news" that she was pregnant. She has three
children.... to three different men now. Good little Christian girl
too. She has obviously been forgiven.

LotteBum

--
LotteBum

Old November 15th 05, 05:08 AM
tony f

"mik" wrote in message
Its end of term and schoolies is back on the Gold Coast.

I was out this morning with the tri club on the usual training run from
Tweed to Currumbin.

When we approached the tuning point at Currumbin their was about 40/50
youths all rotten drunk in the car park by the beach. As we passed they
shouted and screamed at us, and I was pelted with cans of beer (full ones
too). I was hit in the arm, leg and one skimmed my helmet. I did not stop
though, as much I as think I can handle myself I did not fancy my chances
against 40 of these idiots. We done absolutely nothing to provoke this
attack.

I tried to do the right thing and call the Police when I got home, only to
find that I had to call back during business hours between 8am and 5pm. I
guess that's when most crimes are committed!

Doesn't calling 000 work 24 hours?

When they were open for business no one seemed to want to help. Well what
did I expect the incident was 2 hours earlier and the mob had since moved
on.

But if you rang 000 and said there a mob of drunks terrorising the populace
would they have responded?

I myself am a law abiding citizen with only one conviction to my name.

About
ten years ago I caught a thief breaking into my car and I gave him a bit

of
a slap and I was prosecuted. I had to pay the thief $400 compensation for
his black eye and thick lip.

I know the law hates vigilantes, but what are we to do in today's society.

Makes my blood boil.... How about you??

I'd have just rung 000 - on both occasions. ;^)

Not at all flame, but I would have expected a resonse from 000. If you rang
000 and didn't get a satisfactory response, that's pretty **** poor on their
behalf.

Tony F

Old November 15th 05, 06:07 AM
Absent Husband

*shamefully nods*

First half of the week at Noosaville (NOT Noosa - Noosaville, very
different!!), in a house on the Noosa River with a bunch of mates.
Dodgy TAFE ID that a guy from school made up for me. Very funny episode
trying to use it at the local bottlo to buy a carton of beer...
*laughs*

Then we all hopped on a bus and went down to the Gold Coast for the
second half. More of the same - all day at the beach, sit on the
balcony drinking beer and yelling at people at night.

I remember on the 2nd last night craving nutrition (not sure what - I
think it was vegetables??). And I had the best Thai beef salad I'd ever
tasted from the local takeaway... *grins*

Fortunately can look back now and laugh at the stupidity, and be
thankful that we returned safely with humorous (rather than scary)
stories to tell...

Abby (who can't believe that it was 15 years ago now!!)

Old November 15th 05, 09:31 AM
Michele Woods

"Absent Husband" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I did something similar only on the NSW coast (too cheap to go all the way
North). Decided to climb down a very steel hill/cliff (about 50 metres down)
and get drunk on the secluded beach below. Wasn't until we were off our nuts
that we remembered we had to climb the cliff to get back out.

Very hairy moments when one girl lost her footing and nearly wiped 6 of us
out.

Old November 15th 05, 11:29 AM
mik

Tony

I do get your point, however ringing 000 45 minutes later when I got home
does not have the same effect.000 is for life threatening situations. Hard
to convince the law that my life was in danger, calling from the safety of
my house 25km away from the incident.

My point is the Police are to busy to deal with it all. When you try and do
the right thing and file a complaint its all to hard.

I have travelled both paths and I must say revenge is sweeter. Even after
paying $400 I slept much better knowing the thief would have realised he had
****ed up the wrong tree this time.

Old November 15th 05, 02:06 PM
Terry Collins

TimC wrote:

Did anyone here actually go to Schoolies?

"The Schoolies Week", err, nope.

The closest I've ever been was;
1) to actually be on the Gold Coast working, and
2) catch the eye of a young, very interesting lady, who
3) then proceeded to get massive diarhheoa (sp) along with 300+ kids.

Well, that put paid to any canoodling on the beach didn't it. {:-(.