Correct Length Coker Spokes? Stainless Steel?

Old January 17th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Correct Length Coker Spokes? Stainless Steel?

I'm looking to build a Coker wheel with UDC Coker hub and Airfoil rim. I
tried searching to get info, but didn't get all the facts i need. I
think this is a subject that needs concise complete information. Thus
the new thread.(assuming there isn't one already that i missed).

*So, what is the correct length spoke for 4 cross (is that the best
lace?)
*What are the best spokes? - Tommy Miller?
*Where is a source for such spokes?

Thanks for any and all help on this subject.

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old January 17th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Although i know nothing about the subject, i can do you one out of three
answers, UDC spoke calculator says 378.28mm but feel free to play with
it yourself to 'check' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com/SpokeCalc.asp) all
the parameters are correct.

--
kington99

Dave

Old January 17th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I talked to Tom Miller recently about spokes for a friend. He says 4x 14
3/4". If you have unlimited free dialing, you might want to give him a
call and discuss. He can provide the spokes cut to any length you
like.

---Nathan

--
nathan
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old January 18th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Here is a thread where we discussed this issue awhile back.

http://tinyurl.com/a56nv

--
One on one

"I went further than I had planned and had a testicle break at about 25
ks"
-onebyone

"I know that my rides have far more to gain from me becoming a better
rider than from me buying shiny new toys."
-Johnhimsworth
One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740

Coker rim spokes tension leadpan Unicycling 0 June 14th 05 11:15 PM
The Basics of Wheel Alignment and Wheelbuilding Jeff Napier Techniques 338 August 23rd 04 09:17 PM
Breaking Spokes Roger Zoul Techniques 90 July 13th 04 06:59 PM
Fun fun fun Jon Senior UK 140 May 4th 04 05:14 PM
mavic rims suck? Steve Knight Techniques 362 February 27th 04 07:21 AM