SRAM 9Spd Chain on Campy 10Spd?

Old August 2nd 05, 05:45 PM
David Patnaude

Default SRAM 9Spd Chain on Campy 10Spd?

I have been running a real mismatch of components. Current setup includes
Campy Centaur 10 Spd rear derailleur with a 9 Spd SRAM cassette and chain.
The front derailleur and chanrings are Shimano Ultegra. Levers are Campy 10
Spd.

I am looking into purchasing a set of new wheels for the bike and would
like to get a Campy 10 Spd rear wheel.

There don't seem to be many options out there for 10 Spd chains.

Can I run the SRAM 9 Spd chain with a Campy 10 Spd cassette?

If I can't use the SRAM chain, what are the suggestions for a Campy
compatible 10 Spd chain?

Thanks,
Dave

Old August 2nd 05, 07:34 PM
BW

SRAM 9 speed chain works great with Campy 10. Been running it for several
years.

Old August 2nd 05, 10:45 PM
teschman

I have read other posts because I was having an overshift problem on my
Centaur 10sp and someone suggested that the SRAM chain actually works
better that the Campy chain because it is a bit narrower than Campy.
Any comments?

Old August 3rd 05, 12:17 AM
BW

In article .com,
"teschman" wrote:

I have read other posts because I was having an overshift problem on my
Centaur 10sp and someone suggested that the SRAM chain actually works
better that the Campy chain because it is a bit narrower than Campy.
Any comments?

If you have an overshift problem then you need to adjust something,
overshift has nothing to do with the chain width.
Old August 3rd 05, 08:14 AM
A Muzi

David Patnaude wrote:

I have been running a real mismatch of components. Current setup includes
Campy Centaur 10 Spd rear derailleur with a 9 Spd SRAM cassette and chain.
The front derailleur and chanrings are Shimano Ultegra. Levers are Campy 10
Spd.

I am looking into purchasing a set of new wheels for the bike and would
like to get a Campy 10 Spd rear wheel.

There don't seem to be many options out there for 10 Spd chains.

Can I run the SRAM 9 Spd chain with a Campy 10 Spd cassette?

If I can't use the SRAM chain, what are the suggestions for a Campy
compatible 10 Spd chain?

We use KMC-10 chain

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old August 3rd 05, 01:47 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

David Patnaude wrote:
I have been running a real mismatch of components. Current setup includes
Campy Centaur 10 Spd rear derailleur with a 9 Spd SRAM cassette and chain.
The front derailleur and chanrings are Shimano Ultegra. Levers are Campy 10
Spd.

I am looking into purchasing a set of new wheels for the bike and would
like to get a Campy 10 Spd rear wheel.

There don't seem to be many options out there for 10 Spd chains.

Campagnolo, Wipperman, KMC, shimano, even a Sram PC-89r(same width as a
Campag 10s chain)....same 'options' as 9s, more than 8s...