Here's the new ride.....

Old October 12th 11, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default Here's the new ride.....

On Oct 11, 9:13 am, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op 11-10-2011 4:05, Harry Brogan schreef:

Here's a few shots taken today as I picked up and took the new ride
home.......Take a look as I am still open for suggestions.....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Bike/DSC_00...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Bike/DSC_00...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Bike/DSC_00...

Congratulation. It is always nice to pick up a new bike. Ride the bike
for a while and you figure out yourself what is missing.

My first suggestion:

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/produ...el-bottle-cage

Old October 12th 11, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Dan O:
http://i52.tinypic.com/339r8mo.jpg

Not the most svelte solution, but it works, damps vibration (imperfect
rack mounts), and color matches the rack.

Outrigger canoe paddlers/sailors swear by bicycle inner tubes as
lashing tools. They're easy to apply and last a looooong time.
--
PeteCresswell
Old October 12th 11, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Oct 12, 9:22*am, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Dan O:

http://i52.tinypic.com/339r8mo.jpg

Not the most svelte solution, but it works, damps vibration (imperfect
rack mounts), and color matches the rack.

Outrigger canoe paddlers/sailors swear by bicycle inner tubes as
lashing tools. *They're easy to apply and last a looooong time.

I use them on my racks. Far far better than bungees. Free at the LBS.
Old October 12th 11, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech

On Oct 11, 9:49*am, landotter wrote:
deleted

Make some bungies for the front rack using road tubes with the valve
cut off and the ends knotted, or spring for a cargo net. Also, clamp a
stem and passenger handlebars onto the post for when you go cruising
on Friday night. The headlight? If you have a front rack, you get
extra style points for mounting it under the left side. Tail light:
find a way to put it on the back of the rack in case you have a load
or a babe back there.

Old inner tube are good. Bungee cords with regular can scratch the
paint. Bungee cords with carbiner hooks http://www.cargogear.com/OneItemInfo...rtnum=HICBUN32
did not quite hook onto my xtracycle tubes, so I took the cord around
and hooked the carbiner on the bungee cord itself. Cargo nets work
great. Motorcycle helmet cargo nets work good but might be a little
on the small side. Automotive trunk cargo nets are quite a bit
oversized.
Old October 12th 11, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article
,
landotter wrote:

On Oct 12, 9:22Â*am, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Dan O:

http://i52.tinypic.com/339r8mo.jpg

Not the most svelte solution, but it works, damps vibration (imperfect
rack mounts), and color matches the rack.

Outrigger canoe paddlers/sailors swear by bicycle inner tubes as
lashing tools. Â*They're easy to apply and last a looooong time.

I use them on my racks. Far far better than bungees. Free at the LBS.

I use the bungee cords I pick up off the street.

--
Michael Press