West Virginia?????

Old July 30th 03, 03:00 PM
Alan Atwood

Default West Virginia?????

Noticed this weekend that a couple of West Virginia riders were listed
in the results with their previous squads. Is this the first ship
from the new D3 fleet to sink? Anybody have any info?

Alan
Old July 30th 03, 06:02 PM
info.

From what I hear, there was some water onboard for a time, but I think they
have bailed enough out and righted the ship. IMO, their ship was too big w/
keeping the elite squad.

Can they keep the holes plugged?? Good results at Downers Grove would
certainly help.

om...

Old July 30th 03, 10:23 PM
Marilyn

Check out the Wendy's pictures and results on cyclingnews.
The WVA pro and elite teams were there enmasse and with results.
Paul Martin and several others raced well at Superweek as well, Paul
was very high in the overall rankings there before he left to do
Murrysville and Wendy's.
The riders who want to ride for WVA are riding.
Many D3's were at Superweek.

Old July 30th 03, 10:56 PM
Andy Coggan

"Marilyn" wrote in message
om...

The riders who want to ride for WVA are riding.

But the real question is, are they getting paid?

Andy Coggan

Old July 31st 03, 04:33 AM
Marilyn

You'd have to hear from them.
I believe some are getting monthly checks...
Other than Saturn who should not be a D3, I don't think anyone is
getting rich riding bikes in the states.
It would be great if we could change that.

om...

Old July 31st 03, 12:38 PM
Andy Coggan

om...

"Marilyn" wrote in message

But the real question is, are they getting paid?

The riders who want to ride for WVA are riding.

You'd have to hear from them.
I believe some are getting monthly checks...
Other than Saturn who should not be a D3, I don't think anyone is
getting rich riding bikes in the states.
It would be great if we could change that.

I guess I should have been more explicit: are they they getting paid *on
time/as expected*? Rumor has it that they aren't.

Andy Coggan

Old July 31st 03, 01:37 PM
Wade Summers

"Marilyn" wrote in message
om...
You'd have to hear from them.
I believe some are getting monthly checks...
Other than Saturn who should not be a D3, I don't think anyone is
getting rich riding bikes in the states.
It would be great if we could change that.

I had reported here on RBR about 6 weeks ago on a conversation I heard after
a race here in New England. A rider asked one of the WV boys how it was
going and he said that "it wasn't". They hadn't been paid since April and
they had filed a complaint with USA Cycling / USPro. I then noticed that
although they still wore WV clothing in the following races, they're BikeReg
team names were made-up names, F.A.R.T., for example. Then this past
weekend, as Alan pointed out, they were back in their regional team garb.

If "some" are getting monthly checks, that's great. But shouldn't they ALL
be getting monthly checks. Doesn't constitute a D3 team if they are not,
right?

Wade

Old July 31st 03, 03:10 PM
Bob Schwartz

Andy Coggan wrote:
"Marilyn" wrote in message
om...

The riders who want to ride for WVA are riding.

But the real question is, are they getting paid?

Aren't they getting the prevailing TT3 wage?

Bob Schwartz

Old July 31st 03, 04:17 PM
Bensharp13

yes, guys are getting paid their stipends, but no expenses. there is some
major disparity as far as who is getting paid what so, the "no expenses" part
really screws those that weren't getting anything (or much).

benjamin

"Andy Coggan" wrote in message
arthlink.net...

Old July 31st 03, 05:42 PM
info.

What is "regional garb?"

You do realize that they have two seperate teams, a PRO team and an ELITE
AMATEUR team for developing younger riders. They have seperate team kits for
both -- the green/yellow (similar to last year) for the elite and a new navy
blue/yellow for the pro. Quite a nice kit, I might add.