Mass Chaos, Confusion, and Cholera

Old November 6th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Mass Chaos, Confusion, and Cholera

In article ,
Kyle Legate wrote:

Brian Huntley wrote:
On Nov 5, 4:54 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

There's some truth in that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkerton_Tragedy

E.coli, not cholera, but half of a town of 5000 was afflicted; at least
7 died.

the LIVEDRUNK Foundation for Healthy Living would like to remind you
that cholera cannot live in beer.

If the person in charge of the Walkerton water supply hadn't been
drinking beer at the office instead of water, this might not have
happened.

No, his incompetence (and that of his brother--Walkerton was a family
affair) ran much deeper than a few beers.

Thank you Kyle, for your principled beer-friendly stance.

Old November 6th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Robert Chung" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkerton_Tragedy

E.coli, not cholera, but half of a town of 5000 was afflicted; at
least 7 died.

On a severity scale where E. coli is a 4 and Y. pestis is a 9, V. comma is
about 23.

I am no expert, but I defer to your rating. If anything, this would
reinforce Marian's point: had it been punctuation instead of charming
woodcuts that afflicted Walkerton, it might have been more like 4000
dead.

Old November 6th 08, 11:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing

On Nov 6, 10:37*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
*"Robert Chung" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkerton_Tragedy

E.coli, not cholera, but half of a town of 5000 was afflicted; at
least 7 died.

On a severity scale where E. coli is a 4 and Y. pestis is a 9, V. comma is
about 23.

I am no expert, but I defer to your rating. If anything, this would
reinforce Marian's point: had it been punctuation instead of charming
woodcuts that afflicted Walkerton, it might have been more like 4000
dead.

You make my head hurt.

-M