SPD? pedal disassembly

Old September 13th 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

Default SPD? pedal disassembly

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 07:48:13 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

They appear to be rebuildable
by removing a plastic nut like thing with 10 splines in it. I assume
there's a special tool for that too? What should I be looking for
(keywords?)

I don't know the name but I probably (not certainly) have a spare tool
I can give you. It'd be in storage and which I can't get to for a
couple weeks, but if still need one email me after 9/22 to remind me -
write to alasub [at] jt10000.com

Old September 13th 09, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

wrote:

They appear to be rebuildable
by removing a plastic nut like thing with 10 splines in it. I assume
there's a special tool for that too? What should I be looking for
(keywords?)

I don't know the name but I probably (not certainly) have a spare tool
I can give you. It'd be in storage and which I can't get to for a
couple weeks, but if still need one email me after 9/22 to remind me -
write to alasub [at] jt10000.com

Thanks, but I'm sure if I just knew what to ask for it couldn't possibly
be an expensive tool. That, and the bearings feel fine (for now,
anyway) so I have no immediate need for it.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old September 13th 09, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

wrote:

They appear to be rebuildable
by removing a plastic nut like thing with 10 splines in it. I assume
there's a special tool for that too? What should I be looking for
(keywords?)

I don't know the name but I probably (not certainly) have a spare tool
I can give you. It'd be in storage and which I can't get to for a
couple weeks, but if still need one email me after 9/22 to remind me -
write to alasub [at] jt10000.com

Thanks, but I'm sure if I just knew what to ask for it couldn't possibly
be an expensive tool. That, and the bearings feel fine (for now,
anyway) so I have no immediate need for it.

Shimano SPD tool????