I've Posted a Website with a Lot of Free Info about Bicycle Repair

Old July 29th 04, 11:39 PM
Jeff Napier

Default I've Posted a Website with a Lot of Free Info about Bicycle Repair

All about bicycle repair: www.bikewebsite.com

Old July 30th 04, 05:05 AM
Tom

I think I'll look elsewhere...I particularly like Jeff's disclaimer:

Although I have attempted to cover the major safety issues, I cannot be
responsible for your use of this information. Working on bicycles is
dangerous if you do it without considering consequences of bolts left loose,
known problems which are ignored, things that should be replaced but are
glued instead, and so on. Proceed carefully at your own risk and use common
sense. Jeff Napier, and all agents associated with this information, do not
offer any guarantee or warranty for your use of this information.

And this tidbit from a 1997 posting Jeff made:

I made a custom frame
for this rather odd duck. It was outfitted with sew-ups, a front caliper
brake and Sturmey-Archer three speed rear hub with an incorporated coaster
brake. Anyway, he said that it felt funny when he pedaled, as if one of
the pedals was falling away. I told him it must be psychological. He
said, "Ok" and went away.

When he came in for this and that during the next months, he casually
mentioned that the feeling was still there. Finally, one day I decided to
check, and sure enough the bottom bracket was out of alignment - a lot,
like maybe two degrees! Of course, I made him a new frame right away, but
I felt bad for the months he put up with a bad situation, without even
complaining!

Lesson: I'm not sure, just rambling, I suppose, but maybe it is: If you
feel you have a legitimate problem, pursue it. As a customer, you deserve
a good ride, especially if you have paid big bucks for it!

- Jeff Napier -
Check out http://members.aol.com/biketune for a complete online bicycle
repair manual.

Old July 30th 04, 08:11 AM

[...]