Team Radio Shack and Astana....?

Old July 27th 09, 05:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
hizark21

Default Team Radio Shack and Astana....?

Does anyone have any idea which riders can leave Astana for Team Radio
Shack...? I am assunming that Leipheimer, Armstrong, Kloden and
Popyvich an will leave.for Team Radio Shack. But even with Vinokurov
Astana will still need to retain some stars.
Old July 27th 09, 05:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KOM Tunich

"hizark21" wrote in message
Does anyone have any idea which riders can leave Astana for Team Radio
Shack...? I am assunming that Leipheimer, Armstrong, Kloden and
Popyvich an will leave.for Team Radio Shack. But even with Vinokurov
Astana will still need to retain some stars.

The Red Neck Horner will be going to Radio Shack.

Old July 27th 09, 12:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 21:19:04 -0700 (PDT), hizark21
wrote:

Does anyone have any idea which riders can leave Astana for Team Radio
Shack...? I am assunming that Leipheimer, Armstrong, Kloden and
Popyvich an will leave.for Team Radio Shack. But even with Vinokurov
Astana will still need to retain some stars.

I am betting that Vino lets everyone go that would appear to be a
publicity threat to him being the center, end all and be all of his
team. I think his ego tells him that he can win with any eight
properly obeisant pro team members. IMO each and every team member
that by logic would be retained, Vino will let go and happily.

Predicting Astana as the train wreck of 2010 is an easy one. The only
way that it won't happen that way IMO is if it properly implodes
before the end of the year.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old July 27th 09, 02:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

hizark21 wrote:

Does anyone have any idea which riders can leave Astana for Team Radio
Shack...? I am assunming that Leipheimer, Armstrong, Kloden and
Popyvich an will leave.for Team Radio Shack. But even with Vinokurov
Astana will still need to retain some stars.

Vinokourov's spot on Astana will assure they won't get an invite to the
Tour de France in 2010, and then the team will wonder aloud why (just
like Fuji).

Thanks,

Magilla