How does Hamilton do it?

Old July 13th 03, 05:35 AM
Mike Kruger

Default How does Hamilton do it?

Results from the first TdF mountain stage (stage 7):
1. Richard Virenque (F), Quick Step-Davitamon
15. Lance Armstrong (USA), U.S. Postal Service, 04:06
21. Jan Ullrich (G), Bianchi, 04:06
25. Tyler Hamilton (USA), CSC, 04:06
70. Eddy Mazzoleni (I), Caldirola, 08:38
74. Santiago Botero (Col), Telekom, 10:21
Jaan Kirsipuu (Est), Ag2R Prevoyance, Abandoned
Jesus Manzano (Sp), Kelme - Costa Blanca, Abandoned
Marco Velo (I), Fassa Bortolo, Abandoned
Alessandro Petacchi (I), Fassa Bortolo, Abandoned
Luis Perez (Sp), Cofidis, Abandoned
Michael Rich (G), Gerolsteiner, Abandoned
Olaf Pollack (G), Gerolsteiner, Abandoned

I really don't get it.
How on earth does Tyler Hamilton hang up there on a mountain stage with a
broken clavicle?

--
Mike Kruger
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson

Old July 13th 03, 06:40 AM
DiabloScott

Mike Kruger wrote:
Results from the first TdF mountain stage (stage 7):
1. Richard Virenque (F), Quick Step-Davitamon
2. Lance Armstrong (USA), U.S. Postal Service, 04:06
3. Jan Ullrich (G), Bianchi, 04:06
4. Tyler Hamilton (USA), CSC, 04:06 ...
5. Eddy Mazzoleni (I), Caldirola, 08:38
6. Santiago Botero (Col), Telekom, 10:21 ... Jaan Kirsipuu (Est), Ag2R
Prevoyance, Abandoned Jesus Manzano (Sp), Kelme - Costa Blanca,
Abandoned Marco Velo (I), Fassa Bortolo, Abandoned Alessandro
Petacchi (I), Fassa Bortolo, Abandoned Luis Perez (Sp), Cofidis,
Abandoned Michael Rich (G), Gerolsteiner, Abandoned Olaf Pollack (G),
Gerolsteiner, Abandoned
I really don't get it. How on earth does Tyler Hamilton hang up there on
a mountain stage with a broken clavicle?
--
Mike Kruger "Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test
first, the lesson afterward."
- Vernon Law

The X-rays are fake, the crash was staged, the whole pain thing is a
dodge. Tyler's in supreme form but he needs the element of surprise to
attack on the Alpe d'Huez and the Tourmelet so he can ride the yellow
into Paris!

Well, it COULD be.

--
Check out my bike blog!

http://diabloscott.blogspot.com

Old July 13th 03, 07:19 AM
Arous

Regarding Ullrich replacing Hamilton...I just don't think so...Riis tried
like crazy to get Jan but it was no deal...I don't see Jan changing his mind
any time soon...There is simply too much bagage their...

Tyler took 2nd place at last year's Giro and if Lance weren't around I think
Tyler would be thought of as a serious contender on the podium in
Paris...Like maybe the top spot?...Don't under rate Tyler he may surprise
many in the next couple of years...including Riis!

Cordially,
Arous

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" wrote in message
. ca...

Mike Kruger wrote in message ...

I really don't get it.
How on earth does Tyler Hamilton hang up there on a mountain stage with a
broken clavicle?

It's just a greenstick or hairline injury to the clavicle, nothing to

worry about
unless he crashes on it again and then he may end up severing the

innominate
or common carotid artery. And it's going to calcify,so Ty will be breaking

it
again
sooner or later.

Not to worry, Bjarne Riis wants to replace Tyler with Ullrich for next

season.

Old July 13th 03, 08:16 AM
Zoot Katz

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 04:35:38 GMT,
m,
"Mike Kruger" wrote:

I really don't get it.
How on earth does Tyler Hamilton hang up there on a mountain stage with a
broken clavicle?

He buys clean pee.
--
zk
Old July 13th 03, 06:44 PM
Mike Kruger

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" wrote in message news:Q96Qa.448686

Not to worry, Bjarne Riis wants to replace Tyler with Ullrich for next

season.

Somehow, I think Tyler Hamilton will find employment.

Old July 13th 03, 06:54 PM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Mike Kruger wrote in message
m...

Somehow, I think Tyler Hamilton will find employment.

After this mess up it will probably be on some domestic div 3
hick team back in the states.

I know ol Lance was glad to get him off the USPS team.

The kid really should have stayed with sailing his 420 back
in Marblehead or sking in New Hampshire. Cycling at this
level is a bit over that guy's head, as it is with all of you
North Americans.

Old July 14th 03, 05:51 AM

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 04:35:38 GMT, "Mike Kruger"

Heart.

Results from the first TdF mountain stage (stage 7):
1. Richard Virenque (F), Quick Step-Davitamon
15. Lance Armstrong (USA), U.S. Postal Service, 04:06
21. Jan Ullrich (G), Bianchi, 04:06
25. Tyler Hamilton (USA), CSC, 04:06
70. Eddy Mazzoleni (I), Caldirola, 08:38
74. Santiago Botero (Col), Telekom, 10:21
Jaan Kirsipuu (Est), Ag2R Prevoyance, Abandoned
Jesus Manzano (Sp), Kelme - Costa Blanca, Abandoned
Marco Velo (I), Fassa Bortolo, Abandoned
Alessandro Petacchi (I), Fassa Bortolo, Abandoned
Luis Perez (Sp), Cofidis, Abandoned
Michael Rich (G), Gerolsteiner, Abandoned
Olaf Pollack (G), Gerolsteiner, Abandoned

I really don't get it.
How on earth does Tyler Hamilton hang up there on a mountain stage with a
broken clavicle?

"I spent half my money on women & beer. The other half I wasted."
Old July 14th 03, 08:28 AM
Bill Davidson

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
I was referring to the types that weren't brought up in the
organized euro cycling system.

[..]
You can't grow up like that and except to come over to Europe
and hang with guys like me.

Why would he want to hang in the back when he can be at the front?

--Bill Davidson
--
Please remove ".nospam" from my address for email replies.

Old July 14th 03, 03:52 PM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Bill Davidson wrote in message ...

Why would he want to hang in the back when he can be at the front?

Well, where was he this spring when guys like Me and
Marco Milesi were lining up at the start line in Caldonazzo
at the Giro del Trentino?