recumbent trike parts suppliers

Old March 1st 05, 10:45 PM
NaTaS

Default recumbent trike parts suppliers

Hello all,

I am gathering parts for a homebuilt recumbent trike. I was wondering
if there was a company/website that I might be able to purchase parts that I
will need, an all in one type of parts store for bikes and trikes. I am
really finding it hard to find a hard shell seat, I am leaning away from the
pipe frame and mesh seat that I see allot of the homebuilders using.

Thanx for any information you can share with me
James Johnson

Old March 2nd 05, 01:48 AM

NaTaS wrote:
Hello all,

I am gathering parts for a homebuilt recumbent trike. I was

wondering
if there was a company/website that I might be able to purchase parts

that I
will need, an all in one type of parts store for bikes and trikes. I

am
really finding it hard to find a hard shell seat, I am leaning away

from the
pipe frame and mesh seat that I see allot of the homebuilders using.

Thanx for any information you can share with me
James Johnson

Tried Power On yet?
http://poweroncycling.com/
http://poweroncycling.com/RECUMBENT%20SEATS.htm

You'll probably have the most trouble coming up with a front wheel
arrangement. I'm pretty sure Greenspeed sells Sturmey Archer front
hubs, and many people have had success adapting "downhill" mountain
bike hubs.

Also, Bentrideronline has a homebuilder forum:
http://www.bentrideronline.com/messa...splay.php?f=12

Jeff

Old March 2nd 05, 02:56 AM
Ben Fox

Here's the exact link for seats and
http://www.organicengines.com/Accessories/index.htm

Ben Fox

Old March 2nd 05, 06:36 PM

How about Greenspeed? They sell just about every component, from frame
tubes to complete frames, and all the trike-specific bits and pieces.
http://www.greenspeed.com.au/

Old March 3rd 05, 12:09 AM
Joshua Goldberg

NaTaS eh...You Little Devil

Try Randy Shulman @ Actionbent in Seattle (don't have the website address),
he carries a Hard Shell made by China Mascot TW that is supposed to be quite
comfortable and vented, somewhere around $125.00 USD.

Power-on-Cycling has/had? Karl Swanson Hard Shells.

Milt Turner (Turner Recumbents) in Arizona does a Hard Shell.

Velokraft (Germany) used to sell a Kamil Hard Shell, also used by Optima & I
think M5.

Personally I prefer the Optima (Baron Model) and Hostel Shoppe sells an
extension for those with a fear of sliding off and hurting their manhood on
the boom.

Old March 3rd 05, 10:52 AM
Dave Larrington

Joshua Goldberg wrote:

Velokraft (Germany) used to sell a Kamil Hard Shell, also used by
Optima & I think M5.

I think you're thinking of Novosport, Joshua URL: http://www.novosport.de
They supply composite wossnames, including seat & tailboxes, to HP
Velotechnik among others, though IIRC they're the distributors for a Polish
operation. The German version of the site has more detail than the English,
and includes a trike-specific seat which, natch, I only discovered /after/
having bought and fitted an HP Velotechnik-stylee one to my Trice...

World Domination?
Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then chain to the
floor and walk up and down on it in high heels. (Mr. Sunshine)