Cadel Evans is out of the tour squad!!!!

Old June 30th 04, 10:27 AM
Peter Vesel

Default Cadel Evans is out of the tour squad!!!!

Top posting
Cadel's problem is that he is an attacking rider. Ullrich doesn't like that.
He would prefer a steady pacemaker.

With Hamilton, Heras, Mayo, Zubeldia likely to send off attack after attack
the last things Ullrich needs is to have one of his teamates doing the same.

Unfortunately for Cadel this would have been perfect for telecom as they
could have sent him with the first attacks and let Ullrich sit back....would
have been great in the Massif.

Peter
( what chance one of Armstrong's domestiques does just that?)

"Bluenose" wrote in message
Hi,

It was Bobby Julich. He was going to retire but signed up for CSC.

mfhor wrote:

wrote:
Where did I read recently that a stint at T-Mobile (formerly

Telekom)
was killing ambition because they always had to ride for 'ginger

nuts'
... ? Remember that name Santiago Botero? Paolo Savoldelli?
Maybe a change of teams for him then?

Was it one of the Americans - Leipheimer (?) who complained they signed
up as a T-Mobile domestique and just rode their guts out for Zabel and
Ulrich, with no chance for a personal win in the smaller races? So they
signed on elsewhere. Cycle Sport, I think, last issue. Caveat Cadel.

MH