cfsmtb - your new road bike?

Old June 28th 04, 03:30 AM
hippy

Default cfsmtb - your new road bike?

I'm sure with some Hello Kitty stickers
placed strategically it would be 'adequate' :-)
http://www.cyclingnews.com/teamtech0...bikes/t-mobile
_giant

hippy
"I want some of those tyres!"

Old June 28th 04, 04:45 AM
cfsmtb

'adequate' :-)/www.cyclingnews.com/teamtech04.php?id=tech/2004/probikes/t-
mobile _giant
hippy "I want some of those tyres!"

Whoo hoo baby! PINK treads.

Um, I've had my eye on Felt frames for awhile, but with the Holy Trinity
of Finances, Frame sizes, and God Willing, I could be interested in a
Giant....now better put in that Tatts ticket for the mid-week draw. (OCR
is more feasible at present than TCR)

BTW, did anyone ride down to the RRR Community Cup yesterday? Glorious
day, Mountain Goat Beer sold out by quarter time, VB by three-quarter.
Can't remember much of the game due to chatting away with friends, not
due to the effects of alcohol. Very brisk head wind cycling back into
the city with a happy little bunch of cyclists. Just wish I didn't have
a cold at the time, really suffering for it now...

Old June 28th 04, 04:45 AM
hippy

Originally posted by cfsmtb BTW, did anyone ride down to the RRR
Community Cup

Thought about it, but then it was a shh footy /shh game wasn't it?
so I decided I should finish some dvd mastering for a mate and ride the
1:20 instead ;-)

Just wish I didn't have a cold at the time, really suffering for
it now...

Isn't this the stage where you move from beer to whisky?

hippy "may or may not have indulged in a few too many Coopers and some
dodgy karaoke on Saturday night.."

Old June 28th 04, 05:00 AM
cfsmtb

hippy wrote:
Isn't this the stage where you move from beer to whisky? hippy

Actually, to paraphrase that quote,

"Isn't this the age where you move from beer to whisky?

Or Sweet Sherry.

Old June 28th 04, 05:15 AM
flyingdutch

cfsmtb wrote:
Actually, to paraphrase that quote,
"Isn't this the age where you move from beer to whisky?
Or Sweet Sherry.

blllaaaarrrgghhh!

good only for chain-cleaning

Old June 28th 04, 05:30 AM
hippy

flyingdutch wrote:
blllaaaarrrgghhh! good only for chain-cleaning

You'd punish your poor bike with sherry? Evil evil man! ;-)

hippy

Old June 28th 04, 06:00 AM
flyingdutch

hippy wrote:
You'd punish your poor bike with sherry? Evil evil man! ;-)
hippy

the way my running gear is going, I'll try anything once!

Do you use one of them chain-cleaning-cage-with little-brushes-on-wheels-
gizmoes?

as Mr Palin said... "Wozzit loike?"

Old June 28th 04, 06:00 AM
hippy

Originally posted by flyingdutch Do you use one of them chain-cleaning-cage-
with little-brushes-on-wheels- gizmoes?

hahaha cleaning? what's that? I ride the SS so much because I don't care
about the driveline parts.. I'll swap 'em when dead.

The road bike (ridden yesterday for the 1st time in months!) I'll clean
if it gets noisy or after a messy ride.

I usually use that chain prep stuff that I can't remember the name of
(small white bottle, metal cleaning agent?) . I might wipe or toothbrush
the chain and cassette clean and then use more of this cleaner/lube,
spray on WD40 or apply light coat of oil. It depends on which bottle
I've left lying near where I'm working on the bike.

I'm a very poor chain maintainer.. don't do what I do!

hippy

Old June 28th 04, 06:30 AM
flyingdutch

Ah, yes. more OT, but you reminded me of the SS. must get back on
that...

Old June 28th 04, 07:00 AM
hippy

flyingdutch wrote:
Ah, yes. more OT, but you reminded me of the SS. must get back on
that...

It might be off topic but at least it's about bikes and it's in a silly
thread anyway..

Do you ride your ss much? Didn't you have a massive gear on it
initially?

My fixie is sitting 'legs up in the air' waiting for me to get hold of
more chain so that the rear wheel will actually sit in the dropouts. I'd
say have a look at thehippy.net/nucleus/ but my host appears to be 'out
to lunch' :S

My SS has two different pedals on it today. One of the "flat/SPD" pedals
had a loose mounting plate so I took if off and superglued
it. To let the glue dry I fitted one of the track bike's SPD pedals
(which used to be on my Avanti MTB..).

hippy