Australian Summer Holidays

Old January 13th 05, 02:51 PM
doug thomas

Default Australian Summer Holidays

My wife and I have not heard from a friend of hers who was over here on a
teaching exchange 2 years ago.She teaches in Australia and was last in
India on December 23rd. Can you tell me when the Australian summer holiday
ends so I can know when to really start worrying, as we have not got an
e-mail from her for a while.

Thanks all

Doug Thomas
Welland, Ontario

Old January 13th 05, 03:44 PM
Davidm

"doug thomas" wrote in message
My wife and I have not heard from a friend of hers who was over here on a
teaching exchange 2 years ago.She teaches in Australia and was last in
India on December 23rd. Can you tell me when the Australian summer holiday
ends so I can know when to really start worrying, as we have not got an
e-mail from her for a while.

The end of January. I think school goes back on 31st. I hope your friend is
OK, I'm sure she will as Australians were in the scheme of things not
severely affected. However there are some links that might help you confirm
your friends safety at http://www.seven.com.au/news/tsunami_missing

Cheers
David M

Old January 13th 05, 04:05 PM
Laurence Dodd

Calendar shows kids go back to school on Mon 24th Jan but teachers have
pupil free day in QLD on preceding Thu and Fri.
I think the Tsunami was on Boxing Day 26th Dec.

Old January 13th 05, 08:30 PM
John Henderson

"doug thomas" wrote:

My wife and I have not heard from a friend of hers who was
over here on a teaching exchange 2 years ago. She teaches in
Australia and was last in India on December 23rd. Can you tell
me when the Australian summer holiday ends so I can know when
to really start worrying, as we have not got an e-mail from
her for a while.

School term official starts:

QLD 20 Jan
ACT 27 Jan
NSW 28 Jan
VIC 25 Jan
TAS 10 Feb
SA/WA 31 Jan
NT 24 Jan

John
Old January 14th 05, 03:30 AM
hippy

"Davidm" wrote in message
The end of January. I think school goes back on 31st. I hope your friend

is
OK, I'm sure she will as Australians were in the scheme of things not
severely affected. However there are some links that might help you

confirm
your friends safety at http://www.seven.com.au/news/tsunami_missing

Also:
http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/ca...s.cfm?catid=68
http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/ca...s.cfm?catid=69

hippy

Summer holidays wafflycat UK 7 July 22nd 05 01:46 PM
Next Australian PM Next PM Australia 3 August 24th 04 11:04 AM
100% OT; school holidays MartinM UK 106 June 21st 04 07:18 AM
Australian Unicycle Society newsletter Karen Martin-Stone Unicycling 3 May 23rd 04 09:18 AM
Super Summer Riding Shaping up... Roger Buchanan Mountain Biking 1 April 15th 04 07:31 PM