tire compression questions.

Old November 11th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gordito8me

Default tire compression questions.

I just changed my tire because my old one had a whole in it from not
rotating it. I realized that when I try to hop I can't compress it
enough and if I take some air out I just bottom it out all the time. Do
you know if the tire will break in a little bit and make it easier to
compress before hopping or if you have any suggestions please post.

--
gordito8me
gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641

Old November 11th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

What tyre do you have? What I do to find out my tyre pressure is
multiply my body weight by two then divide by ten and that's how much
air you pyut in your tyre. I weigh 100 lbs so I would have 20 psi give
or take a few psi.

--
bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe

dudewithasock wrote:
Yeah, and they have more estrogen than me, too. Now *that* takes guts.

iridemymuni wrote:

hey evan i've got the same blue nipples as you !!!!!

tobbogonist wrote:

this may be off topic, but my trouser snake is called:
Conan: The Barbarian

bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12978

Old November 11th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe wrote:
What tyre do you have? What I do to find out my tyre pressure is
multiply my body weight by two then divide by ten and that's how much
air you pyut in your tyre. I weigh 100 lbs so I would have 20 psi give
or take a few psi.

...or you could just divide by 5....

umm, it really depends on what tire you have and what kind of tire it
is. If it was a trials tire(which it obviously isn't) then you can play
w/ pressure a lot more. It seems to me that you have a normal tire that
gets rock hard at the right pressure, and i hate to say this, but you
either have to deal with it or get a new tire/rim/uni

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"your mom\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old November 11th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

skrobo wrote:
...or you could just divide by 5....

well, actually, I was thinking this too, until I realized it's a lot
easier, in your head, to multiply by 2, then divide by 10. Both of
these operations are easier than dividing by five. For example, divide
37.5 by 5 in your head...quick.

Now, try 37.5*2 = 75, 75/10 = 7.5. A lot easier, isn't it?

--
onelesscar

"It's f*$%^*g raining!"
"Well, is it f*$%^*g or is it raining?"

"That car was -melting-????"
onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127

Old November 11th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

onelesscar wrote:
well, actually, I was thinking this too, until I realized it's a lot
easier, in your head, to multiply by 2, then divide by 10. Both of
these operations are easier than dividing by five. For example, divide
37.5 by 5 in your head...quick.

Now, try 37.5*2 = 75, 75/10 = 7.5. A lot easier, isn't it?

i thought that, but then i remembered that 5 is an easy enough #
anyways I round my weight to 5s ...

Old November 11th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gordito8me

well this is the only tire I have currently so I'll wait til the one I
ordered comes in... about a week.

Old November 12th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SNES350

onelesscar wrote:
well, actually, I was thinking this too, until I realized it's a lot
easier, in your head, to multiply by 2, then divide by 10. Both of
these operations are easier than dividing by five. For example, divide
37.5 by 5 in your head...quick.

Now, try 37.5*2 = 75, 75/10 = 7.5. A lot easier, isn't it?

Even if they are both easier, I can divide by 5 faster than I can do
any two other operations.

Is this method for finding pressure only appropriate for trials?

--
SNES350
SNES350's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12624

Old November 12th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

SNES350 wrote:
Even if they are both easier, I can divide by 5 faster than I can do any
two other operations.

Is this method for finding pressure only appropriate for trials?

most probably, road bikes take a little over 1/2 your weight/pressure
ratio

i exploded a tire in my face today, the gust of air was so powerful
that it hurt
it sounded like a gunshot, the bead ripped off because the tire is
slightly rotten

Old November 12th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dan de man

bcwheelriderguyhehehehehe wrote:
What tyre do you have? What I do to find out my tyre pressure is
multiply my body weight by two then divide by ten and that's how much
air you pyut in your tyre. I weigh 100 lbs so I would have 20 psi give
or take a few psi.

in metris or imperial?

--
dan de man

\"underestimate zombies and you get eaten\"
i got post 77000&99000&11001 in 'm'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27264)'r'
(http://tinyurl.com/m6hs6)
'.' (http://tinyurl.com/gsfgg)'.' (http://postsecret.blogspot.com/)'.'
(http://tinyurl.com/f7bag)
pm me to rent a . any site you want (nothing rude though)
sparrowhawk wrote:
I wish i had 5 balls

Belive almighty \"Jerrick\" the wise
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Old November 12th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

dan de man wrote:
in metris or imperial?

uhh
UNITED STATES system!

Compression tights Set General 5 November 5th 06 01:34 AM
Tire width questions JBAFromNY Techniques 9 August 21st 06 10:09 PM
Stuck compression plug Donga Techniques 2 June 24th 06 11:24 PM
Partial flat tire questions ... unitoon Unicycling 3 April 18th 06 07:07 PM
Partial flat tire questions ... unisteve Unicycling 0 April 18th 06 06:24 PM