self balancing unicycle!

Old April 27th 04, 04:21 PM
nick

Default self balancing unicycle!

http://tlb.org/eunicycle.html

There it is folks.

--
nick - jerk on one wheel

later,
nick http://www.extreme.unicyclist.com
nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/349

Old April 27th 04, 06:10 PM
johnfoss

I want one!

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"Hey, could I have some of that spinach? I need to get this pork rind
taste out of my mouth." -- Ryan Atkins to Kris Holm, on the way back
from Moab after sampling some of my pork rinds. They grossed out the
whole van!

Old April 27th 04, 07:15 PM
daino149

That doesn't sound too bad. He had an interesting comment about the
pains of riding but overall I think he's made a pretty solid machine.
It was good of him to mention that he learned to uni before attempting
to build.

I don't think there is much of a market for this device, but it'll go
into my list of cool things that will never catch on.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

there ain't enough body armor in the country for me to try that. -- Ken
on the mtbr forum in reference to MUni

Old April 27th 04, 08:10 PM
country_style17

man that is so cool how can i get a hold of one of them?

--
country_style17 - holms homie o ya
country_style17's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6357

Old April 27th 04, 08:14 PM
JJuggle

country_style17 wrote:
*man that is so cool how can i get a hold of one of them? *

Repeat:

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo,
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.........

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

'6th Annual LBI Unithon - Sat, June 5, 2004'
(http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon)

In fighting the insect we have killed ourselves, polluted our water,
poisoned our wildlife, permeated our own flesh with deadly toxins. The
insect becomes immune, and we are poisoned. In fighting with superior
intellect, we have outsmarted ourselves. - 'The Hellstrom Chronicle'
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067197/)
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

Old April 27th 04, 09:43 PM
chirokid

Looks and sounds like it would be a fun little toy. All the fun of a
unicycle without any quad-burn. Imagine the parade possibilities?

Of course, one of the major reasons I ride a unicycle is for a good
quality workout, a workout that just happens to have a whole basket full
of fun thrown in.

I do like the Eunicycle. --chirokid--

PS: The inventor complained about the horrible aspects of the unicycle
seat, then in his Materials list, he says: "A unicycle seat. $24."
Maybe if he'd upgrade to a $48 unicycle seat he have a better feeling
underside. Also, the fact that he is not pedaling causes more pressure
to be "down there."

--
chirokid - Wolfman 2004: Unicycle Catagory

"Other than that, the best maintenance is to keep riding it as this
helps to keep the eccentric nut on the saddle in optimal condition."
quote by Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old April 28th 04, 12:49 AM
tennisgh22

maybe this will finally get people interested in unicycling, and see it
as a way of transportation instead of simply a circus prop!

btw, i wonder if you have to pedal while riding one? i guess your feet
just rest on platforms...

-grant

--
tennisgh22

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

Old April 28th 04, 12:53 PM
Klaas Bil

-taken from the Eunicycle website-
*In practice, it takes several hours of practice to ride it
competently.*

Would that be for unicyclists or for non-unicyclists? I guess for a
unicyclist it would be less than a few hours because we already know how
to keep sideways balance and how to turn corners.

Cool toy.

Klaas Bil

Edit: reminds me of Gilby's Auto Balance Unicycle. Is that website still
online? Can't find it.

--
Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

Old April 28th 04, 02:30 PM
nick

Klaas Bil wrote:
*

Klaas Bil

Edit: reminds me of Gilby's Auto Balance Unicycle. Is that website
still online? Can't find it. *

Gilby's auto balance uni is the first thing I thought of, but I coudnt
find the link. (Wasn't that thing supposed to hover too?)

Old April 28th 04, 02:36 PM
GILD

JJuggle wrote:
*Repeat:
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo,
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.........
*

am i supposed to send this to a friend?

explain?

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser (ocfopgm)

only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. i think
it's
in my basement...let me go upstairs and check.
~ m. c. escher

'[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/sp/84255.gif]'
(http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)
Namaste!