Chaos, death and disaster - several bombs have just exploded in London ;-(

Old July 7th 05, 04:08 PM
Bill Sornson

Shaun aRe wrote:

There is no sense to murder.

Let us not forget, these are not the only people to be committing
murder in the world, in the name of what they believe in.

Casualties of war -- while tragic, maddening and often even senseless -- can
hardly be equated with the deliberate targeting of innocents by terrorists.

Bill S. (two cents please)

Old July 7th 05, 04:11 PM
Shaun aRe

"MattB" wrote in message
bomba wrote:
spademan o---[) * wrote:

Bomba is holed up in his office ATM.
The whole thing really sucks, must be bloody scary for anyone in London.

Aye, London's not a happy place at the moment. Pretty much the only
sounds are sirens and helicopters.

As far as I can tell, all my family and friends are ok. I've had a fair
few concerned phone calls and e-mails, as I normally work out of an
office round the corner from Moorgate (scene of one of the blasts).
However, I'm working out of our other office today.

Anyway, **** 'em. We've been through worse, we'll come through this.

Wow. Stay safe everyone. Truly a sad day. As much as I hope it won't
happen, I imagine this will continue to spiral into more ugliness and
suffering.

Indeed, but it doesn't stop us from hoping otherwise, and living our lives
in a peace promoting way, does it?

Glad you guys are OK. I wonder how my other London friends are fairing...

Matt (former Fullum resident)

I hope they're all OK and coping with the shock well, Matt.

Take care!

Shaun

Old July 7th 05, 04:17 PM
Shaun aRe

"Bill Sornson" wrote in message
Shaun aRe wrote:

There is no sense to murder.

Let us not forget, these are not the only people to be committing
murder in the world, in the name of what they believe in.

Casualties of war -- while tragic, maddening and often even senseless --

can
hardly be equated with the deliberate targeting of innocents by

terrorists.

Bill S. (two cents please)

I don't know Bill - it's all semantics to me.

Rest of what I typed deleted - don't want this to turn into a political
argument!

Shaun

Old July 7th 05, 04:24 PM
Bill Sornson

Shaun aRe wrote:

There is no sense to murder.

Let us not forget, these are not the only people to be committing
murder in the world, in the name of what they believe in.

Casualties of war -- while tragic, maddening and often even
senseless -- can hardly be equated with the deliberate targeting of
innocents by terrorists.

Bill S. (two cents please)

I don't know Bill - it's all semantics to me.

Boy, Shaun, not to me. The very same cowards who blow up crowded busses and
trains also run their operations from residential areas, hospitals and even
mosques to insure civilian losses on THEIR side, too.

Rest of what I typed deleted - don't want this to turn into a
political argument!

Agreed.

Old July 7th 05, 04:44 PM
Shaun aRe

"small change" wrote in message
Shaun aRe wrote:
"JohnH" wrote in message
Condolences from the USA, my friend. Be strong, we're thinking
about you here.

Cheers John. I'm fine, it's those close by, and those who have lost
someone... it cannot be easy...

Shaun

another massive tragedy in the name of politics and religion, very sad.

My
prayers are for peace and an end to violence.

Hey Penny - I am most *definately* with you here! Violence begets violence -
we have a long history proving just that...

These posting are reminiscent to 9/11 - I used to be on a list serve and

one
of the members worked about 2 blocks from ground zero. We were getting
minute by minute reports from her, then a deadly silence for a few hours
while she walked home, and then more reports on what that was like.

It's crazy isn't it?!? Sigh!

Kath (before we met) had been in NYC just before that happened, they'd
gotten on one of the last flights out...

Shaune, what's up with alt. skunks anyway?

A bunch of writer types I know hang there, some of who I consider friends -
it has nothing to do with skunks, hasn't for a long time...

Cheers Penny,

Shaun
--
May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

Old July 7th 05, 04:51 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Shaun aRe wrote:
Article he

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Since the article, MANY more than the 2 first mentioned confirmed dead. This
is bad, real, real bad...

;-(

I hope any of you in London, or who have friends or relatives in London -
well I just hope to hells you are ALL alright/. Be safe.

Shaun aRe
--
May all your wishes be both wise and fulfilled.

-- Sources: U.S. terror threat level to be raised to orange for mass
transit network in wake of London bombings.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old July 7th 05, 05:05 PM
bomba

spademan o---[) * wrote:
Glad to hear it. I'd be wary of getting on anything resembling a tube
train, but thats how they win though isn't it. I imagine there will be
a lot more cycle commuters tomorrow..

And I may well be one of them. I'll check the trains tomorrow morning,
but if they're as bad as I think they're going to be, then I'll be
hopping on the bike.

I've been meaning to do it for a while, but I've been waiting for my
ankle to properly heal up.

Latest word from round here is that people are queueing over London
Bridge to get in to the station. It could be a long night...

Old July 7th 05, 06:00 PM
dardruba

Sarah wrote:
"Shaun aRe" wrote in message
news.net...

It's not like there is any sense to their thinking!

Unfortunately there is.
This attack was well thought out, apparently by people who
live here. We'll probly get to hear more of this as the investigations
continue, right day, right time, right place etc.

By chance our daughter and her husband who both work in the City
were out of town today at opposite ends of the country.
Also safe are her husbands relatives. Dad left v. early and was in
Chambers, Mum stayed off work at home today waiting for a plumber,
two kidsare at school in the City and are staying there overnight
with friends, the other child is at school in Islington well away
from the target area. What a relief.

Just to introduce a light note, some morons posted early today
saying they thought the bombs had Made in France on the side because
Paris lost out to London in the 2012 Olympics.
They quickly came back to eat humble pie when the true horror
became known.
Mike
Old July 7th 05, 06:18 PM
Chris Glidden

"bomba" wrote in message
oups.com...
spademan o---[) * wrote:
Glad to hear it. I'd be wary of getting on anything resembling a tube
train, but thats how they win though isn't it. I imagine there will be
a lot more cycle commuters tomorrow..

And I may well be one of them. I'll check the trains tomorrow morning,
but if they're as bad as I think they're going to be, then I'll be
hopping on the bike.

I've been meaning to do it for a while, but I've been waiting for my
ankle to properly heal up.

Latest word from round here is that people are queueing over London
Bridge to get in to the station. It could be a long night...

Be safe getting home brother.

CG

Old July 7th 05, 06:36 PM
Michel Boucher

"Shaun aRe" wrote in
news.net:

Al Quaeda (spelling?) have claimed
responsibility but not sure how truthful this is. Tony Blairs on
his way back from Gleneagles.

Yup - they posted a message making the claim, on a Muslin web-site
- still unconfirmed last I heard.

Interesting how this happens just as Bush wants to talk security and
the others want to push Kyoto...wonder what the motivation was to hit
Britain at this time, if it was a willful act and not a gas explosion.
At any rate, I'm leaning towards thinking it had nothing to do with the
G-8.

I am wary of claims at this point and hope the British security people
are also careful before jumping the gun (as it were).

--

"Compassion is the chief law of human existence."

Dostoevski, The Idiot