U lock rattle

Old March 18th 07, 04:53 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default U lock rattle

First an update:

I junked the cantilevers on my trek 820 for v brakes and levers. BTW,
I had to modify the little steel brake cable tube that was brazed to
the frame behind the seat tube. I removed about 3/4 of it with a
grinder. I am very pleased with the performance now.

The new issue:

I got a U lock with it and it rattles like a mother when Im riding.
Is there any little things I can do to prevent all of the noise
eminating from the lock? Thanks.

Old March 18th 07, 08:47 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 17, 7:53 pm, wrote:
First an update:

I junked the cantilevers on my trek 820 for v brakes and levers. BTW,
I had to modify the little steel brake cable tube that was brazed to
the frame behind the seat tube. I removed about 3/4 of it with a
grinder. I am very pleased with the performance now.

The new issue:

I got a U lock with it and it rattles like a mother when Im riding.
Is there any little things I can do to prevent all of the noise
eminating from the lock? Thanks.

Why would you need a U-lock on a mountain bike trail?

JD

Old March 18th 07, 10:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Crazy Fred

On Mar 17, 11:53 pm, wrote:
First an update:

I junked the cantilevers on my trek 820 for v brakes and levers. BTW,
I had to modify the little steel brake cable tube that was brazed to
the frame behind the seat tube. I removed about 3/4 of it with a
grinder. I am very pleased with the performance now.

The new issue:

I got a U lock with it and it rattles like a mother when Im riding.
Is there any little things I can do to prevent all of the noise
eminating from the lock? Thanks.

I would have to side with JD. But on the other hand pad it.

Old March 18th 07, 11:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Beej Jorgensen

Crazy Fred wrote:
I would have to side with JD. But on the other hand pad it.

Hey, sometimes you have to stop on the way home to get a pint. Bikes
don't last two minutes unlocked on the street here.

-Beej