Collisions with cyclists double during lockdown

Old June 8th 20, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Collisions with cyclists double during lockdown

On 08/06/2020 11:31, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/06/2020 00:00, JNugent wrote:
On 07/06/2020 23:34, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/06/2020 18:24, JNugent wrote:
On 07/06/2020 15:01, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/06/2020 00:33, JNugent wrote:
On 06/06/2020 11:27, TMS320 wrote:
On 06/06/2020 00:53, JNugent wrote:
On 06/06/2020 00:31, TMS320 wrote:
On 05/06/2020 15:28, JNugent wrote:
On 05/06/2020 14:26, TMS320 wrote:
On 05/06/2020 12:09, JNugent wrote:
On 05/06/2020 09:25, TMS320 wrote:
On 05/06/2020 04:33, Mike Collins wrote:

Maybe if motorists actually stopped at red lights once in
a while and
obeyed speed limits this would not happen. Training them
to follow
the Highway Code would be better.

When I learnt to drive most of the time was spent going
backwards, waving an arm out of the window and shuffling
the steering wheel. The test provided very little that was
actually useful so everything was immediately forgotten and
the proper driving stuff had to be self-taught.

You are Mr Toad and where do I get my £5?

I will tell you where to find it when you're ready to go by
bike.

But you aren't young enough to have done a different test.
Perhaps you still shuffle and wave your arms around because
you do everything you are told. I imagine you wear gloves and
a hat - well, you would obviously want to since you need the
window open.

Do you also find the windscreen wipers stop when going uphill?

I *am* surprised that any "aware" cyclist here has the nerve
to mention windscreen wipers.

WOOSH.

(Think about why I said 'uphill'.)

I *am* surprised that any "aware" cyclist here has the nerve to
mention windscreen wipers.

Cyclists don't need windscreen wipers. I am surprised you don't
know this.

Neither do pedestrians or drivers.

Drivers don't need them? Well, that's interesting.

Is it?

Or are you confusing yourself as the difference between a human and
a piece of machinery?

No confusion. If you are talking about humans then you had no reason
to mention cyclists. You can never resist making snide remarks.

I never said that cyclists "need windscreen wipers".

I said:

QUOTE:
I *am* surprised that any "aware" cyclist here has the nerve to
mention windscreen wipers".
ENDQUOTE

Don't be stupid.

TRANSLATION: "Don't be truthful".