So much fr a growth in bicycle riding from the pandemic.

Old June 5th 20, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default So much fr a growth in bicycle riding from the pandemic.

On 6/5/2020 12:18 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 7:19:53 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/4/2020 8:40 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 21:38:38 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Bonus points if they wear wool.

Where do they get the wool?

Pretty much everywhere, it's not ra
http://www.yellowjersey.org/wool.html

The nose ring absolutely guarantees I wouldn't look any further.

The US of A is a large country. We have one of everything.
Get over it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 5th 20, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

Bonus points if they wear wool.

Where do they get the wool?

Pretty much everywhere, it's not ra
http://www.yellowjersey.org/wool.html

The nose ring absolutely guarantees I wouldn't look any further.

The US of A is a large country. We have one of everything.
Get over it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

We also have large herds of looters. I have no intentions of getting over a lot of things. My pistol is loaded and I have a box of ammo.
Old June 6th 20, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

Bonus points if they wear wool.

Where do they get the wool?

Pretty much everywhere, it's not ra
http://www.yellowjersey.org/wool.html

The nose ring absolutely guarantees I wouldn't look any further.

The US of A is a large country. We have one of everything.
Get over it.

We also have large herds of looters. I have no intentions of getting over a lot of things. My pistol is loaded and I have a box of ammo.

Oh, is that special? Only some 200 million of us can say that!

The model in that photo is a crack marksman, among other
skills. He, and I assume you, has never pointed a firearm
at a human and doesn't plan to start any time soon.

Let's all hope such circumstance is not forthcoming. Truly.

Old June 6th 20, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 11:44:56 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Among them is one heavy wool Bellwether woman's long sleeve jersey.
Yellow (or yellow-orange) with black sides and trim. Two rear pockets
with buttons. 4" zipper. Size is marked XLG but that must have been
before it was washed. It's now a women's small or medium.

I'd love to have that if I thought I could squeeze into it.

My wife will never wear this; it's too retro for us. But it seems like a
shame to send it to the Salvation Army, who will probably shred it. It's
just the thing for an Eroica ride.

I think my Fuji would qualify for Eroica; I'll have to count the
spokes some time.

But the flight to Italy would kill me. I was crippled for a week
after flying to Australia, and I had not yet set foot inside the Beyer
Building back then.

The first trip was for slipping on wet leaves on the Beyer Farm Trail.
Since the office of the doctor who prescribed X-rays is right across
the street, I walked -- but didn't think to go back to the car and get
my coat. Or I thought of it, and forgot that I was walking slower
than usual.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old June 6th 20, 03:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

I only point a weapon when I intend to use it. So since I never intended to kill a man I have not pointed a gun at a man.
Old June 6th 20, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 6:05:57 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 13:47:21 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 4:30:07 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I'm sure that Pro racers can use a 12 or 11 or 10. But for a normal sports rider the effective use of gears halted at 8 speeds. The rest of this increasing number of gears for the sports rider is just a reason for people that don't know any better to buy a new bike.

To paraphrase Andrew Muzi: "Tomorrow's headline NYT: "Frank Krygowski finally agrees with Tom Kunich!" ;-)

- Frank Krygowski

Strange you know. I definitely remember reading that 5 gears was all
any normal person required and this insane desire for more was simply
due to marketing hype :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Is this true for most bike manufacturers?

Bike Barn Champions
To:'andy'
Fri, Jun 5 at 9:15 AM
Andy,

Good morning. That is the state of our affairs at this time. The vendors/manufacturers are not shipping bikes yet.

Curt.