How to overtake a pair of cyclists

Old January 21st 16, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default How to overtake a pair of cyclists

Apparently, many drivers find this simple overtake impossible. Here is how it was done down our narrow lane today.

https://youtu.be/afK4Bqso1NA

Old January 21st 16, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 08:02:12 -0800 (PST)
Alycidon wrote:

Apparently, many drivers find this simple overtake impossible. Here
is how it was done down our narrow lane today.

https://youtu.be/afK4Bqso1NA

A "narrow lane" doesn't have a white line along the centre.

Old January 21st 16, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Alycidon wrote:

Apparently, many drivers find this simple overtake impossible. Here
is how it was done down our narrow lane today.

https://youtu.be/afK4Bqso1NA

A "narrow lane" doesn't have a white line along the centre.

and that is a hazard warning centre line.
Old January 21st 16, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 21/01/2016 16:02, Alycidon wrote:
Apparently, many drivers find this simple overtake impossible. Here is how it was done down our narrow lane today.

https://youtu.be/afK4Bqso1NA

You seem to have posted a wrong link, you said a narrow lane.

---

Old January 21st 16, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Alycidon wrote:

Apparently, many drivers find this simple overtake impossible. Here
is how it was done down our narrow lane today.

https://youtu.be/afK4Bqso1NA

A "narrow lane" doesn't have a white line along the centre.

I was comparing it to around the corner where people were moaning about Sir Brad cycling along a wide dual carriageway.

http://www.chrismaher.co.uk/wp-conte...10TT_1057B.jpg

Old January 21st 16, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Tony Dragon wrote:
On 21/01/2016 16:02, Alycidon wrote:
Apparently, many drivers find this simple overtake impossible. Here
is how it was done down our narrow lane today.
https://youtu.be/afK4Bqso1NA

You seem to have posted a wrong link, you said a narrow lane.

Simon is not too well these days. It's all of the booze in the hole in his
garage floor.

He seems to think that a cycling group is a driving group.

Old January 21st 16, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"Alycidon" wrote

Apparently, many drivers find this simple overtake impossible. Here is how
it was done down our narrow lane today.

https://youtu.be/afK4Bqso1NA

Another excellent example. Though round these parts a "narrow lane" like
this https://goo.gl/maps/ujS1PBrTa1A2 seems to carry nearly as much traffic.

Old January 21st 16, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 4:02:15 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
Apparently, many drivers find this simple overtake impossible. Here is how it was done down our narrow lane today.

https://youtu.be/afK4Bqso1NA

Mottingham Lane, just 200 metres from Inner London, is narrower than that!
https://goo.gl/maps/PnnvHCPhgSC2
Old January 22nd 16, 01:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 8:11:28 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

He seems to think that a cycling group is a driving group.

Why should you care.
You admit you are too old to drive and too stupid to cycle.

Old January 22nd 16, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 13:29:12 -0800 (PST), Tom Crispin wrote:

On Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 4:02:15 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
Apparently, many drivers find this simple overtake impossible. Here is how it was done down our narrow lane today.

https://youtu.be/afK4Bqso1NA

Mottingham Lane, just 200 metres from Inner London, is narrower than that!
https://goo.gl/maps/PnnvHCPhgSC2

Now look - please stop this.

If Numb-nuts says that it is "narrow" - then it is narrow.

Just like in the descriptive phrase which applies to him : "narrow-minded"

How to overtake a cyclist Alycidon UK 5 February 3rd 16 10:43 PM
Good Idea: Penalties for Motorists Trying To Overtake Cyclists Bret Cahill[_4_] UK 3 May 12th 14 07:21 PM
Cyclist tfails to overtake truck at a junction Mrcheerful UK 31 October 28th 13 11:52 AM
Why do some cyclists overtake on the left? John Benn UK 58 August 22nd 12 01:35 AM
Pair of LIDL cycling shoes for anyone who wants a pair D.M. Procida UK 0 October 14th 06 01:54 PM