300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

Old May 21st 17, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 6:20:29 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 21 May 2017 18:14:51 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 6:03:24 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 21 May 2017 17:56:59 +0100, wrote:

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 4:31:30 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 21 May 2017 09:55:47 +0100, Peter Keller wrote:

On 21.05.2017 11:35, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Grow up, you sound like Peter Keller.

Thanks greatly for that excellent compliment.
If growing up means becoming like YOU -- erm -- no thanks.

Thanks for admitting you are not grown up.

--
Sprinter Tim Montgomery is banned 2 years for doping.
Track officials began to suspect he might be juicing.

What record does Chuck Yeager hold?

Don't be so ignorant.

I am unaware of any record held by Chuck Yeager.
If that makes me ignorant in your eyes than so be it.

Now answer the question.

You just need to know who he is to get the joke. I am not going to bother explaining it to you.

I have never met Chuck Yeager but I know what the history books say about him.
Now will you answer the question or apologise for calling me ignorant?

Old May 21st 17, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Sun, 21 May 2017 18:26:55 +0100, wrote:

[...]

If you're not ignorant you already have the answer.

--
A little girl asked her mother, "Can I go outside and play with the boys?"
Her mother replied, "No, you can't play with the boys, they're too rough."
Old May 21st 17, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 7:28:15 PM UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
[...]

Stop wriggling and tell the group what record Chuck Yeager holds and, more importantly, why not knowing a particular piece of unimportant trivia makes a person ignorant.

Old May 22nd 17, 04:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

A cycling enthusiast has uncovered nearly 300 miles of hidden cycle
paths that were built in the 1930s. Carlton Reed discovered these
forgotten cycle paths whilst he was working on a book. He’s set up an
appeal to try and bring them back into use. A lot of the paths are
overgrown or buried now, but some could still work perfectly as cycle
ways if local councils realised what they were.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p052zgp6

It would be interesting to find out when and why most of them "disappeared" in the first place.

Bret Cahill

Old May 22nd 17, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 21.05.2017 04:02, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

****wits

Thanks greatly for that excellent compliment coming from YOU.
Especially as it comes from YOU.
Now please belch in my direction the further honour from YOU to me of
being a thick-headed trog.

It really is a very great compliment to be called a ****wit by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a ****ing bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

Old May 22nd 17, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 22.05.2017 03:31, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Thanks for admitting you are not grown up.

And proud of it.
When I see the behaviour of people who think they are grown up oh how I
am ****ingly glad that I am NOT grown up.
I suppose you are grown up.
Thank God I am not like YOU.
Old May 22nd 17, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 22.05.2017 08:09, wrote:
[...]

I also do not know what Chuck Yeager is or did.
I am proud to be labelled ignorant by the Sword.
After all he thinks that bicyclists are the ****witted pits of humanity.
I take that as a real compliment coming from the likes of HIM.
Old May 22nd 17, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 10:24:27 AM UTC+1, Peter Keller wrote:
On 22.05.2017 08:09, wrote:
[...]

Actually it is Sword who seems to be ignorant of the fact that Yeager's speed and altitude records have been surpassed.
Being (allegedly) the first man to break the sound barrier in level flight is not a record.
Old May 27th 17, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Wed, 17 May 2017 10:20:49 +0100, Peter Keller wrote:

On 17.05.2017 12:10, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I have enough money to afford a motor vehicle. You stick to your 18th
century transport if you wish.

And I ride a bicycle, a very convenient delightful economical viable
means of transport, and we all know that YOU think bicyclists are the
****witted pits of humanity.
I really feel complimented by that, because YOU said it.

I can get a bicycle for free on freecycle. It's not a mode of transport, it's a toy.

--
Confucius say: "If you park, don't drink, accidents cause people."

London cycle paths somebody[_2_] Techniques 12 December 2nd 15 01:34 AM
Cycle Paths or Not? Steve C[_2_] UK 49 May 15th 08 09:32 PM
Discovered an amazing meditation secret [email protected] Techniques 1 April 19th 08 06:01 AM
Cycle paths or psyclepaths? Tom Crispin UK 58 April 13th 08 12:22 PM
I've discovered the magic secret Arthur Clune UK 7 August 29th 05 08:55 PM