Which pedals for muni?

Old February 26th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bawls44

Default Which pedals for muni?

MuniAddict wrote:
I currently have Atomlab "Aircorp" pedals, but here's is my next pair!
Speedplay "Drillium". (vivalargo uses them and they are great!)

THOSE ARE SICK!!!

But yea the red snafus are soild as a rock and alot of people just love
them

--
bawls44
bawls44's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14427

Old February 26th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
entropy

'Shinburgers' (http://tinyurl.com/qut6o). All the grip you need, when
you need it. And they don't wear out (quickly). These are one year
old:

|Filename: shinburger.jpg |

entropy

Shut up and ride.
entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

Old February 27th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

MuniAddict wrote:
I currently have Atomlab "Aircorp" pedals, but here's is my next pair!
Speedplay "Drillium". (vivalargo uses them and they are great!)

Is there something about the Aircorp that makes you want to try
something else?

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old February 27th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

zfreak220 wrote:
oh sorry, i meant to link to 'this' (http://tinyurl.com/yv6sx6).

Of the two pedals you list, I'd go for the Tioga pedals for muni. They
look grippy enough and at least 6 pins per side are replaceable. The
Tioga pedals are thinner which is nice for muni. Thinner pedals are
less likely to roll under your foot and give you better grip.

If you do very aggressive muni in rocky terrain or do things like pedal
grabs with your muni then the Snafu pedals would be better suited. The
Snafu pedals can better handle that kind of abuse without the pedal
body breaking.

Old February 27th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

john_childs wrote:
Is there something about the Aircorp that makes you want to try
something else?

I think they are the ones he broke just before he attempted the 7 set.

I was thinking about these 'Tiogas'
(http://www.cambriabike.com/Shopexd.asp?id=9902), $75 at my LBS, but
settled on a $60 pair of Kona 600 gram sealed pedals (the best for my
limited budget of what they had in stock)

--
skilewis74

Old February 27th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

skilewis74 wrote:
I think they are the ones he broke just before he attempted the 7 set.

That's right. Although since re-crimping the c-clip on the end of the
spindle, it hasn't come apart since, but it's still bothers me that it
could happen again at the least opportune moment! So those
drilliums have even more foot area and are also very thin, but the
spindle is stronger and there are 3 pecision bearings per pedal (1
needle & 2 cartridge) instead of bushings. Plus Vivalargo swears by 'em
and that's good enough for me!

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

Old February 27th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

MuniAddict wrote:
That's right. Although since re-crimping the c-clip on the end of the
spindle, it hasn't come apart since, but it's still bothers me that it
could happen again at the least opportune moment! So those
drilliums have even more foot area and are also very thin, but the
spindle is stronger and there are 3 pecision bearings per pedal (1
needle & 2 cartridge) instead of bushings. Plus Vivalargo swears by 'em
and that's good enough for me!

I forgot about that for a bit and was beginning to think you just had
an extra pair lying around or barrowed one for yesterday's ride.

I think a more concave surface would be good and those drilliums look
pretty flat, but kool though

Wouldn't lighter pedals w/ pedal protectors last just as long and still
be lighter than some more heavy duty pedals w/o
I'm thinking about these next: 'wellgo mg1' (http://tinyurl.com/33vqer)
376 grams / pair

--
skilewis74

Old February 27th 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

skilewis74 wrote:
I forgot about that for a bit and was beginning to think you just had an
extra pair lying around or barrowed one for yesterday's ride.

I think a more concave surface would be good and those drilliums look
pretty flat, but kool though

Wouldn't lighter pedals w/ pedal protectors last just as strong and
still be lighter than some more heavy duty pedals w/o
I'm thinking about these next: 'wellgo mg1' (http://tinyurl.com/33vqer)
376 grams / pair

A few grams won't make any noticeable difference to me, esp. since I'm
already carrying several pounds of water on my back! But I like
pedals with LOTS of foot area width and are thin as well, like the
drilliums and the aircorps. When I went back to the snafus I felt way
more unstable and they felt bulky. But like anything else it's
individual preference.

Old February 27th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GhettoSmurf

skilewis74 wrote:

I'm thinking about these next: 'wellgo mg1' (http://tinyurl.com/33vqer)
376 grams / pair

i have these exact pedals on a bike and they arent that grippy

--
GhettoSmurf

http://willowglenbicycles.com/index.cfm[/url]
GhettoSmurf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11929