Help Needed: Off centered HUB

Old December 22nd 08, 07:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Klaas Bil

Default Help Needed: Off centered HUB

rui;1154426 wrote:
PS: How do I change the topic title to: "SOLVED" or something?

You can't. You just stop posting to a thread (unlike I do now) and it
will gradually fade into oblivity. There's no such thing as a "solved"
status for threads, although the moderator has in rare cases used his
ability to close a thread for further posting.

--
Klaas Bil
Old December 22nd 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

kington99;1154646 wrote:
a spacer is a sleeve that fits on the axle between the crank and the
bearing to keep the bearing in place. You can usually make them by
cutting down the end of a seatpost. Not sure how well it would work as
ISIS cranks are tapered and therefore will move on the axle more as they
wear.

Both my Nimbus ISIS hubs came with spacers between the cranks and
bearings. The cranks go far enough on to be tight but bottom out on the
spacers. Seems to work fine.

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old December 22nd 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timekeeper

rui;1154442 wrote:
What are spacers, and where can I get them?

Now that I think of it. Wasting money might be a crime

There goes inflation! :x

It appears you already have some spacers (little black rings the fit
around the axle), but you want to make sure you have an even amount on
each side. because they prevent the bearings from moving around if they
keep coming loose.

--
timekeeper

Help needed! feel the light Unicycling 18 October 23rd 07 11:04 PM
Help needed! hectorqlucero Unicycling 2 June 14th 07 12:13 AM
Wheel/Tire not centered? Smeltz Unicycling 14 July 27th 06 05:22 AM
Wheel/Tire not centered? harper Unicycling 0 July 20th 06 07:19 PM
Spinergy front axle not centered, cog rubs on frame... Glen Hendry Techniques 4 February 4th 04 06:19 AM