"It would appear that the gentleman was not on a designated cyclepath."

Old November 29th 18, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default "It would appear that the gentleman was not on a designated cyclepath."

“I was riding my mountain bike at Watergrove Reservoir on Saturday 10
November, I rode down the hill behind the gate near the tower (by the
overflow), it's quite a steep hill with two drops that go into a passing
point on the lane which goes to the private residence and United
Utilities area.
“I jumped off the first drop then hit the second drop, but as the lane
and passing place came into view, there was a large barrier which I hit
and crashed."

A spokesman for United Utilities said: “We’re sorry to hear about this
incident, which happened at night, and we are looking into the
circumstances.
“It would appear that the gentleman was not on a designated cycle path.”

Classic, at night, on a footpath, not looking ahead, and wants to blame
the solid object he rode into at speed. Good job it was not a human he hit.

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/new...rove-reservoir
Old November 29th 18, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 29/11/2018 09:02, MrCheerful wrote:
[...]

Ambulances couldn’t get to crash on M25 because drivers ignored lane

closures

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/25/ambul...6/?ito=cbshare

I blame the cyclists.

--
Bod
Old November 29th 18, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 29/11/2018 09:10, Bod wrote:
[...]

‘Driver sliced grandma in half after ramming her car to try and hurry her up’

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/drive...9/?ito=cbshare

Bloody cyclists!

--
Bod
Old November 29th 18, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 29/11/2018 09:02, MrCheerful wrote:

Good job it was not a human he hit.

Never mind, plenty of motorists make up for that.
Old November 29th 18, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 29/11/2018 09:13, Bod wrote:
On 29/11/2018 09:10, Bod wrote:
[...]

Whereabout in the UK *is* Springfield, Missouri?