skatespots

Old August 1st 05, 05:04 PM
eljest

Default skatespots

eyy, have someone here ridden at like skateplaza in ohio? or love park
in philly? or pier 7 in san fran? Just curious how the famous skatespots
are to ride at. Or have someone been to barcelona and ridden? that's
haft to be the best place in the hole world.

peace, simon

--
eljest - free your mind

the life is what you make it to

eljest's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8460

Old August 2nd 05, 06:09 PM
eljest

have no one here never been to a famous skatespot? that's wierd.

Old August 6th 05, 01:55 AM
maxisbackintown

lol Ive always wanted to go to the love skatespot

--
maxisbackintown - timmmyyy

yeah
maxisbackintown's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9909

Old August 6th 05, 07:27 AM
Checkernuts

eljest wrote:
*eyy, have someone here ridden at like skateplaza in ohio? or love
park in philly? or pier 7 in san fran? Just curious how the famous
skatespots are to ride at. Or have someone been to barcelona and
ridden? that's haft to be the best place in the hole world.

peace, simon *

Dan Heaton, Jeff Groves, Mike Clark, Zack Baldwin and myself (Mike
Carroll) went to Skate plaza over NAUCC about a week ago. I have to say
it is my fav. skate park I've been at although it was a bit crouded. If
anyone is in the Dayton Ohio area its deffenatlly a park that is worth
checking out, oh and the best part its free.

--
Checkernuts - Breakdancer Extraordinar

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20

Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old August 6th 05, 08:20 AM
onetrack

during naucc, Zack Baldwin, Jeff Groves, Dan Heaton, Mike Carol, and I
went to the dc skateplaza in Dayton, OH.

It is the best skatepark I have ever riden, everything there is
unicycleable, and the rails are perfect. The park is symetrical, so you
won't be bummed out by finding a nice ledge on your wrong side. It is
designed after stuff you'd find street riding, even planter boxes (no
pipes or bowles).

when we showed up, we got a little heat till Zack hit an 8 step rail.
after that, everybody stopped skating and watched him move over to the
9. After he made that rail, someone asked him if he could do the 12.
Before he could answer, all the skaters (about 25) rushed over to the
rail.

Zack gave the rail a few attempts. Not being warmed up and riding on a
bad ankle, i joined in reluctantly. I slid the whole thing, landed in
control, but my foot slipped off which was hard enough on my ankle to
put me out the rest of the day. to an eruption of applause, zack went on
to conqure the rail after about 20 tries. After that, a bunch of kids
tryed out our unis.

Jeff found a nice 3 step rail, slid it on his bc a few times, and was
almost able to roll out of it.

gasworks park is a famous skate spot. the ledge dan and jacinto grind
in u2 has been in many big skate vids.

edit: mike beat me to it

--
onetrack - street unicycling sucks

there are no good street riders

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil

Take only pictures, Leave only footprints.
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Old August 6th 05, 05:36 PM
eljest

that's a really good story thanks for sharing it, I'm so jeulos we got
nothing like that in Sweden so I gotta say you're really lucky.
And yeah skateplaza seems to be the best park ever build yet and I can't
waint to see the new dc skateplaza video.

Yeah I've seen it bunch of times in sk8videos that spot that Jachinto
and Dan H slides.

Do you gonna post any pics or clips of ride at sk8plaza?

peace, simon.

Old August 6th 05, 06:00 PM
juggle508

Here some footage of some skaters on opening day on one rail there.

http://tinyurl.com/8hm7u

--
juggle508 - Street unicyclist.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

---------- Joshua 1:9----------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

Old August 6th 05, 06:06 PM
juggle508

Also go here... http://www.dcfilms.com/dc_films_swf.asp?section=

Then look at the top and go to Current projects.... then to Skate Plaza
DVD at the top then you can get a lot of images and stuff from the
bottom left corner.

Old August 6th 05, 06:23 PM
eljest

yaa I've seen that

Old August 6th 05, 07:45 PM
liltut

I thought they shut down Love Park in Philly, And Ripped up Peir 7. I
skated for 6 or 7 years befor i picked up a Uni, so i ride at all the
old skatespots i used to skate at. there awsome.

--
liltut
liltut's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10321