Notes on rebuilding to a Jobst wheel and on SunRace 5spd freewheel

Old February 17th 15, 11:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Default Notes on rebuilding to a Jobst wheel and on SunRace 5spd freewheel

MK1000 wrote:
On 16/02/2015 8:14 PM, Duane wrote:
MK1000 wrote:
On 16/02/2015 1:07 PM, Duane wrote:

From my POV, shifting and breaking without moving my hands is a plus.

Make that, without removing your hands from the bars. If you have your
hands on the tops or the corners you will still have to change your grip.

Is it my imagination or do I hardly ever see the STI/Ergo people riding
with their hands in either of these positions? Of course, they have
changed the positioning of their bars to compensate: now the hoods seem
typically at the same level as the tops. So, only a change in extension,
rather than also a change in height.

Not sure what you mean. I ride typically with my hands on the hoods and
have no issues braking or shifting. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you!

tops = from the stem to the first corners. Tops and corners were standard
riding positions. Not so much anymore, as I suggested and as you described your own riding.

Ah I see what you mean.

--
duane