New Year's Message to the Cycling Newsgroups from Ed Dolan theGreat

Old January 1st 09, 12:05 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

Default New Year's Message to the Cycling Newsgroups from Ed Dolan theGreat

On Dec 28, 7:52*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
What could possibly be more depressing than having to take note of another
New Year?

You still here in 2009!!!

Rather than being being his customary belligerent, insulting,
disrespectful, abusive, argumentative self, wouldn't if be refreshing
if Ed Dolan were to shelve his delusional superiority complex and make
a New Year's resolution to be tolerant, cordial, congenial, gracious
and inoffensive. Even better would be if he could keep that
resolution for more that a month. What do you say Ed ... up for the
challenge???

The only thing more depressing is *having to take note of your own
birthday. On the other hand, even though a year older and that much closer
to death, we are at least still among the living. That is something after
all when others are dying all about us each and every day by the hundreds of
thousands.

But I do not celebrate anything anymore. That is for those in the prime of
life, not for us oldsters. I will look in on the New Year's Concert from
Vienna on PBS. Hells Bells, I wish I were in Vienna where they know how to
ring in the New Year with a civilized concert. All we know how to do in this
confounded nation is to get drunk and make a lot of noise.

Come to think of it, I will have to get out to the local municipal liquor
store to get my gallon of Livingston Cellars Red Rose (the finest wine in
the world - and also the cheapest) or else New Year's eve will be a total
bust.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old January 1st 09, 04:44 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Dec 28, 7:52 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
What could possibly be more depressing than having to take note of another
New Year?

You still here in 2009!!!

Rather than being being his customary belligerent, insulting,

disrespectful, abusive, argumentative self, wouldn't if be refreshing
if Ed Dolan were to shelve his delusional superiority complex and make
a New Year's resolution to be tolerant, cordial, congenial, gracious
and inoffensive. Even better would be if he could keep that
resolution for more that a month. What do you say Ed ... up for the
challenge???

I simply don't recognize whoever it is that you are describing above. Ed
Dolan the Great is also Saint Edward the Great. Such holiness is seldom
found in a single individual.
[...]

Old January 1st 09, 05:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

On Dec 31, 10:44*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Dec 28, 7:52 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

What could possibly be more depressing than having to take note of another
New Year?
You still here in 2009!!!
Rather than being being his customary belligerent, insulting,

disrespectful, abusive, argumentative self, wouldn't if be refreshing
if Ed Dolan were to shelve his delusional superiority complex and make
a New Year's resolution to be tolerant, cordial, congenial, gracious
and inoffensive. *Even better would be if he could keep that
resolution for more that a month. *What do you say Ed ... up for the
challenge???

I simply don't recognize whoever it is that you are describing above. Ed
Dolan the Great is also Saint Edward the Great. Such holiness is seldom
found in a single individual.
[...]

You missed the operative word ... delusional. So the answer I take it
is ... NO, you are not up for the challenge?