advisor wanted

Old November 29th 05, 01:05 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default advisor wanted

Just zis Guy, you know? (Guy Chapman) wrote:

This might apply where there is actual published evidence to support
the device increasing safety, but this appears absent in the case of
lights (let alone massively bright vs. adequately bright lights).

Nonsense!

A coherent light source of proper frequency and intensity will ionize
all obstructions in the cyclist's path. This is definitely a safety
benefit.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley
"ever get suspicious about chain saw oil attracting wood dust?

Old November 29th 05, 02:55 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default an end to this thread sometime this century

"snippage

It's too bad there weren't any bicycle h*lm*t safety studies available in
1940. You guys could have neutralized the German army by boring them to
death with this silly prattling on about the DATA! Jeez enough! My eyes are
starting to bleed from all the fumes this festering pile is generating.

gotbent, the past tense of getbent.

Old November 29th 05, 04:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

gotbent wrote:
"snippage

It's too bad there weren't any bicycle h*lm*t safety studies available in
1940. You guys could have neutralized the German army by boring them to
death with this silly prattling on about the DATA! Jeez enough! My eyes are
starting to bleed from all the fumes this festering pile is generating.

I believe every argument in this thread has been made several times
over on one or more of the rec.bicycles.* Usenet newsgroups.

We could instead make a long thread be posting the entire dialog of
"The Holy Grail" one line at a time.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 1st 05, 12:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:55:09 -0600, "gotbent" said
in :

It's too bad there weren't any bicycle h*lm*t safety studies available in
1940. You guys could have neutralized the German army by boring them to
death with this silly prattling on about the DATA! Jeez enough! My eyes are
starting to bleed from all the fumes this festering pile is generating.

Silly boy. There were no helmet studies in 1940 because nobody was
gullible enough back then to believe that cycling was some kind of
extreme sport!

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old December 1st 05, 02:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Silly boy. There were no helmet studies in 1940 because nobody was
gullible enough back then to believe that cycling was some kind of
extreme sport!

Guy

Wasn't there a folding bike used by the parachute regiment? I'm sure
riding a bike around Normandy on D-Day 1944 would qualify as an extreme
sport, regardless of how good your troopers helmet was.
Kids today have got it easy.
Old December 1st 05, 03:16 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

DD wrote:

Wasn't there a folding bike used by the parachute regiment?

The Welbike was a motor scooter rather than a pedal bike IIRC. No
evidence that it was ever the slightest use to the paratroopers, but
apparently much sought after for cheap and economical motor transport in
continental Europe after hostilities ceased...

riding a bike around Normandy on D-Day 1944 would qualify as an extreme
sport, regardless of how good your troopers helmet was.

The Dutch army had a bicycle unit that I presume saw some degree of
action in 1940, though with the speed of the occupation I would imagine
not very much.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK